Sonata Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 sonata and on the headliner there is a small blue light that if it was bright enough would shine down on the cup holders. No one seems to know what this is for if anything. Can anyone shed some LIGHT on this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is hilarious. I just joined to get some help on an issue with my daughter-in-law's Sonata, and this is the first thread I have read.

What is funny about it, is this same discussion occurred some time ago on the Outback forum I visit. I am guessing that the blue light in the Sonata is a lot like that in the Outback.

For the Outback there is a very small blue light that is in the overhead console, right next to the moon roof switches and the courtesy lights. From what we gathered, the light is a courtesy light, intended to illuminate the center console. I've paid attention at night, and for it's size, it is surprisingly effective. Just from this small blue light, I can easily see the shifter, the coin tray, etc.

It sure sounds like this may be the same thing ya'll are discussing here.

·
Automotive Lighting Experts
422 Posts
Those small LEDs are intended for reading maps when it's dark out without turning on the actual map light and distracting the driver

Nick C.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep light is just to give some small ammout of interior light so you can see the shifter and center controls. Girlfriend has this on her Dodge truck. It's a lot brighter in hers then my Sonata.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts