Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after owning literally several dozen cars and trucks, I purchased my first brand new car, a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. I bought it for my fiance' as a birthday present, after doing about two months of research. I always have a Ford truck, and I always will, but we needed a new car for her. I have owned several BMW's, my entire family all have Lexus' and Benz', which may sound pretentious, but we always buy used. For what I spent, yes, I could have got a VERY nice used 3 or 5 series BMW, but at the end of the day, I did not want the headache. Owning a BMW is a lifestyle choice, meaning you will spend your life on forums trying to diagnose why the heater control decided to develop a mind of its own, or why turn signals come on when you plug in your ipod (ok, I made that last one up, but not the first one!).

We have had the car for about a month, this weekend was my first chance to really drive it on the open road. I loved everything about it except the road noise. Good God!! There are stretches on I-5 that it was deafening in the car!! However, I am able to live with that because I am so impressed with all the other aspects of the car. I will do some research on this handy dandy site to see what others think, and perhaps tires when they come due for replacement. Anyway, it is livable for the most part, and the power for passing, overall comfort, good handling, great warranty, and the deal I got, I am happy with the car.

Oops.....I bought the 2.0T W/O Nav. (really wanted the sunroof, but not the nav, and since they package them together, that would have made the most expensive sunroof in the history of mankind)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am a new owner of a 2012 Sonata 2.0T, w/o sunroof & nav. This is my first new car in 17 years (I maintain my cars well). I am very impressed with everything about the car. So far I have only driven it locally but I am anxious to open it up on the interstate. Hey other 2.0T owners, let's compare notes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts