Sonata Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend, I go to get a few spare keys programmed for my car ... something about they have to be programmed to the car and they have to be laser cut. The guy asks if I want a second FOB... to the tune of $100 + programming. I told him I didn't think so - if I lost the FOB, I'd just use the key.

The gentleman proceeds to tells me however I LOCK my, car I have to UNLOCK it the same way. If I use the FOB to lock it and not unlock it, the alarm is going to sound... the car will go into defense mode and lock me out. The alarm won't stop no matter how many times I push the FOB buttons. It will continue blaring until I have my car towed to a dealership for them to unengage it. Can't use the key to lock it and FOB to unlock it - same story. Is this true or was I fed a line of Booya??

Thanks!
2011 Sonata

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't think that is true. Why don't you just try? Don't you have a key when you bought the car?

I have opened cars with alarms with the key before. Not a Sonata but other new cars.

Reason being.. If the fob runs out of battery or fails.. You are telling me I am screwed? The physical key has to work too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts