Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2008 Sonata with 47K miles. Have tried to replace cabin air filter myself this morning following instructions on the web, etc. Well, I've followed them all, dropped the glove box, unclipped the clips holding the filter in, but cannot get the freaking filter out. I've even pulled on it with pliers and it won't come out. I stopped trying to force it (before I broke something) and put it all back together.

So -- any hints on this? Yep -- I'm frustrated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
hmmm.. can't help you here. Does it look like anything is keeping it from coming out? Maybe use a flathead and try to pry it out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a great 2 minute video>>>

Did you somehow drip something sticky into that area that's keeping the front of the filter tray stuck to the front of the tray housing?

·
Registered
63 Posts
How NOT to change the Filter

Thanks for that Video! I hope V3.3 see's it as well. My Armenian Mechanic ripped the Glove box down and broke that linkage. They then told me to get out. I filed a complaint with my State and they did nothing.

Here's a great 2 minute video>>>
How to remove/replace 2008 Hyundai Sonata cabin air filter - YouTube

Did you somehow drip something sticky into that area that's keeping the front of the filter tray stuck to the front of the tray housing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its amazing post. I blog often and I truly appreciate your content. The article has truly peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your website and keep checking for new details about once a week. in <a href="http://www.ibworldacademy.com">IB World Academy</a>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts