Sonata Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012, Limited, Sonata, with navigation system & radio upgrade. Is there a way of disabling the safety disclaimer on the navigation system, when the car is first turned on. I get tired of always pressing the "AGREE" button to get to a menu. I am sure this is bothersome for many other people.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There is no easy way to disable it. Depending on where you are you can visit your local aftermarket audio shop and they usually have programs that overwrite the warning. The Sonata nav system is quite new though so not sure if it is available yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is no easy way to disable it. Depending on where you are you can visit your local aftermarket audio shop and they usually have programs that overwrite the warning. The Sonata nav system is quite new though so not sure if it is available yet.
Going to aftermarket audio/video shops to hack into a brand new device like this might void any warranty Hyundai has attached to it. I would give the local Hyundai dealership a call before going to a independent shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's about COMPLIANCE.

I have a 2012, Limited, Sonata, with navigation system & radio upgrade. Is there a way of disabling the safety disclaimer on the navigation system, when the car is first turned on. I get tired of always pressing the "AGREE" button to get to a menu. I am sure this is bothersome for many other people.
Thanks in advance.
Call your congressman and good luck with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts