Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have always been a fan of the yellow fog light look on cars. I invested in a can of Krylon Stain Glass spray paint and hit my fog lights on my Sonata. I attached some pics. I'll try and update with some day time pics when I get a day off. FYI if you have never taken off your fog lights before man was it a pain in the but. I was surprised nobody had a DIY. Maybe I will do it if I get a free day...

3 (1).jpg

3 (2).jpg

stain glass.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
nice

what I've done in the past is buy yellow vinyl overlay and cut it to shape and just stick it ontop.

That worked for me as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice

what I've done in the past is buy yellow vinyl overlay and cut it to shape and just stick it ontop.

That worked for me as well.
yeah I have done the vinyl before and struggled with the wrinkles lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice work dude. Did you pull the lights out and then spray? was it difficult to get an even coating?
yeah I pulled the fog lights out which was quite the process... the coating is probably easier then spray paint... just light coats one after another... I used a blow dryer to speed up the process on a cold night... install and paint probably 2 hours tops... I have used that one little can for probably over 4 pairs of headlights and still have plenty left in it...

·
Registered
109 Posts
of all the cars i've owned. this sonata has been the easiest front bumper removal, EVER.

i have already taken it off maybe 5-6 times already and between yesterday and today an additional 2 times! (doing some OEM/aftermarket alarm/siren/horn integration and cleaning up my HID wiring)

the foglights are only 4 philips head screws holding them on....should only take about 20-25 mins total to remove everything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
of all the cars i've owned. this sonata has been the easiest front bumper removal, EVER.

i have already taken it off maybe 5-6 times already and between yesterday and today an additional 2 times! (doing some OEM/aftermarket alarm/siren/horn integration and cleaning up my HID wiring)

the foglights are only 4 philips head screws holding them on....should only take about 20-25 mins total to remove everything
yeah most car i've done fog lights on didn't need the entire front bumper removed... now that I've done it doesn't take that long but initially it was a pain since I didn't want to take the bumper off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts