Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took a trip to Florida and my 2020 Sonata SE. After 7 hours of driving I started getting a drip every couple minutes of water on my foot I used the app to check the car it was not overheating either all diagnostics we're clear did not have enough time to bring it to a dealer as I was down there very busy with my elderly parents then on the way back in the car at 5 a.m. this morning the car wouldn't go into reverse and it said shifter malfunction cars only 2 months old I'm going to bring it in for service but it was just wondering if anybody else had either of these problems very unhappy customer at the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar water drip with two Honda Accords in the past. As the Honda mechanic explained to me- similar to a house central AC system that has a pipe which drips condensation water while running, a car's AC system has a hose to carry off condensation water. With heavy use and in some conditions, the hose can start to clog or have back flow which drips into the passenger area. Mechanic would blow pressurized air to clean out hose, and I wouldn't have the problem for at least a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts