Sonata Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my driver's side mirror broken and was planning on fixing this myself. I've searched around and it seems that once the plastic cover in the corner of the window is removed, it is a simple process. However, I can't seem to get that cover off.

My particular model Sonata is a 2012. Are there any screws that are holding this sucker on, or does a portion of the plastic cover extend under the door or windowsill? Should I be pulling or pushing on it in a particular direction or spot? I know all of this sounds dumb, but it really seems stuck on there and I don't want to brute force it only to discover there was a reason it wasn't coming off. I haven't seen any replacement plastic covers, so I don't want to break that in my attempt to replace the mirror. I was using a butter knife to get under the edge closest to me, and had maybe 1/8" of a gap in right where I was prying it, but it felt like the plastic (or the knife) was going to break rather than pop off easily. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I solved my own problem. After searching the internet some more, I found a step by step guide to taking off the whole door panel. Amongst those pictures I saw one showing that cover being removed. Here's the kicker - part of that plastic cover extends beyond what you see with the door shut; in order to get to it you have to OPEN THE DOOR (doh!). Here's the link I found that helped me in case my explanation still wasn't clear:

Hyundai Sonata Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement Guide - 2011, 2012, 2013 Model Years - Picture Illustrated Instructions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.