Sonata Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have trouble getting their droid bionic to work with the sonata navigation system? My phone pairs and connects, but that's it. I can't make voice calls and contacts and call history don't sync. I tried my wife's older Motorola phone and it works with no problems. I called MOBIS (Hyundai Bluetooth development group), but they said newer phones may not be supported.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I heard something about not all phones being able to work with the nav system. Not sure why, but it's really weird. I expected this to work with almost any smartphone. Might have to wait for a software update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It isn't shocking that not all smart phones work "outta the box" with any nav or sync up system. A manufacturer of ANY Product, cannot configure their product to work with EVERY Phone, there are just too many variables in the phones. Bare in mind that phones today are basically mini computers..and anyone who knows computers knows not every piece of software works with a your new computer system "outta the box"...But smart manufacturers will update their system.product, and in time, get a fairly strong compatibility %.

This said, My 2001 sonata se has never been able to "dial" my cell phone via "Dial by Name" Command, but works fine with "Dial By Number"...Go Figure..

I hope the 2012 Sonata I pick up on Tuesday works outta the box..If not...Maybe a new phone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts