Sonata Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2105 Sonata with the 2.4L GDI engine. 4500 miles on the clock.
at idle, when the engine is warm, It makes a pop, pop, pop sound. (kind of like an old Yamaha DT250). Noise increases with frequency as RPMs increase. This noise is not noticeable inside the cabin.
The service manager at my local Hyundai dealer says that the noise is normal for this engine. However, he can't tell me what cause it. Says it's "how the engine was designed".

Any one Know anything about this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same Sonata 2015. Have been hearing the same noise, same reply when I bring it in to the Dealer. They even tell me they don't hear any noise. Since the issues with Hyundai class action lawsuit for the engine fires, engine knocking, I have been concerned about this noise. The Dealer supposedly did the rod bearing test that Hyundai was conducting to determine if there is knocking and according to the Dealer my vehicle does not have the engine knocking issue. I am honestly disgusted. The deadline to submit any receipts for repairs etc according to the class action lawsuit paperwork I received was 4/12/21. I am just going to bring it to another place for a diagnostic test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts