Sonata Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's a lot of mention on here about the LED fog light strips but that's all there is, mention.

The install seems relatively straight forward but I am questioning the 3M tape, it's hard for me to believe it's strong enough to keep them on there.

Can someone who has them currently installed on a 2011 or newer Sonata give me an honest review as to their quality and durability?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
So there's a lot of mention on here about the LED fog light strips but that's all there is, mention.

The install seems relatively straight forward but I am questioning the 3M tape, it's hard for me to believe it's strong enough to keep them on there.

Can someone who has them currently installed on a 2011 or newer Sonata give me an honest review as to their quality and durability?
I have a friend with a 2011 Sonata with the fog LED strips and he has had no problems and is very happy.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Does anyone know if installing these on a leased SE would create a problem on the lease at turn-in time?
Have you asked the organization you are leasing your car from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been sick for the last 3 days (roaming these forums!) so haven't been by the dealer. I thought maybe someone here may have had some experience. Failing that (or even with a hint from here) I'll check with the dealer when I go in next week to get my trunk mat.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I have been sick for the last 3 days (roaming these forums!) so haven't been by the dealer. I thought maybe someone here may have had some experience. Failing that (or even with a hint from here) I'll check with the dealer when I go in next week to get my trunk mat.
Sorry guy... If I had an answer for you I would have passed it on. I hope you'll be able to make the modification without a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drl

Hey everyone,

So this is what my wires look like. I've read that I just have to tape these two bad boys to the battery and it's done. Assuming the black one with the hook is the ground. Does this make sense? Also blue is + and white is - ?

I bought on Ebay and they gave no instructions :/

·
Registered
109 Posts
i think as long as you don't make any holes and you remove it when your lease is up there shouldn't be a problem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.