Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody wire up footwell lighting in theit Sonata? I have a 2007 and want to wire up LED strip lights under the dash and am looking for suggestions on which wire to tap into.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it really depends on how you want them to work. im guessing you dont want them on a switch! in that case i would just find a wire that is hot when the ignition is on and cold when the car is off. just grab a meter and climb under the dash, you should be able to find one that isnt that hard to get ahold of. just be really careful, you could grab power off the wrong thing and start popping fuses :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Warning, pic heavy! Lol!

Anybody wire up footwell lighting in theit Sonata? I have a 2007 and want to wire up LED strip lights under the dash and am looking for suggestions on which wire to tap into.
Where are you located WhiteHorse? You see where I am by my profile, so if you're near me let me know; but I had mine done by a shop. It was funny and took a while because the people didn't know what the color amber was, LOL! First they put blue like they did in my GCoupe (it's Mirabeau Blue) and then when I told them amber they put red, lol. But they finally got it right and I'm loving it!

InteriorAmberLEDLightingDriverSideBelowDash

InteriorAmberLEDLightingFrontDriverSideDoorJamb

InteriorAmberLEDLightingFrontDriverSideDoorJamb1

InteriorAmberLEDLightingFrontPassengerSideDoorJamb

InteriorAmberLEDLightingFrontPassengerSideDoorJamb1

InteriorAmberLEDLightingPassengerSideBelowDash

InteriorAmberLEDLightingRearDriverSideDoorJamb

InteriorAmberLEDLightingRearDriverSideDoorJamb1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts