Sonata Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 Sonata, and am disappointed in the lack of a front license plate holder. All the dealer can do is screw it directly to the bumper. Has anyone been able to find a bracket or holder to use with the Sonata?

·
Registered
470 Posts
the funny thing is, the nf sonata (06-10) bumpers have a flat surface on the front specifically made for plates, so even running without it looks funky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the nf sonata? Ours doesn't have a distinct, inset flat spot which is what I'm picturing when you say it looks bad without a plate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats what im worried about. Im sure by winter time they will weaken and with the snow might loose my license plate. Whats that stuff that holds the badges on trunks of cars? Taking them off is a huge pain cause its so tough. Maybe adding that sticky stuff along with zip ties and maybe some strong fishing line or something would really secure that thing down for the paranoid.Ive had it on there for over a week now. gone "fast" a few times hasn't moved at all. I'm hopping the zip ties don't dry up and crack over time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are we talking about relocating the plate? I'm a fan of shaving the plate area and relocating the plate to the side.

That stuff that holds badges on is 3M automotive double sided tape. Its red colored (tape is black)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts