Sonata Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Dawn and I wonder if any other owners of 2011 Sonata's are having same issues I am? I have had my car in the shop (dealership) 6 times for Heater issues. I switch the heater to defrost, there is loud *thunk*:eek: and then it never switches out of defrost again. This started in Aug of 2013- the AC would not switch down. First visit they decided it was a "switch value" this was replaced. Air still not blowing correctly- back we went-- they replaced the A/C compressor. Then in Oct 2013 used heat on the defrost again and loud *Thunk*:eek: would not switch back to panel or floor. Back in shop, now they replace the actual switch face panel and some other part in the dash related to changing air flow. Put it back together and then other dash buttons stop working -namely trunk and gas cap., back to shop, findout it is a fuse they had blown while installing the face panel. Get that replaced and less than 2 weeks later another *Thunk*:eek: and air blowing on defrost again. Back I went, findout original part was installed incorrectly and fell out. Fixed it again, within a month if was blowing on defrost only again, Back to dealership to fix this time the say the part was faulty and they get a new one and install. Now it was Dec 2013 in KANSAS--yes still cold. When I got the car back, I did not believe it was right, took it back they could not find anything wrong "it was blowing within specs". Feb 10 2014 loud *Thunk*:eek: and we are back in the shop... how do I report a faulty part? How do I tell Hyundia I NEED HELP? I have owned 3 Hyundai's since 2004 and have not had this many problems...

·
Registered
49 Posts
How frustrating. Is there no way to get in contact with Hyundai? They're all nice and sugary when they sell you the car but when it comes to fixing it, well...

·
Registered
222 Posts
wow you have some pretty bad AC luck

hopefully after this time its the last time for you.

maybe its the install that is fault. if the part was faulty i am sure there would have been a recall on it by now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts