Sonata Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

New to this forum, looking to learn about the Hyundai Sonata before I finalize my decision to buy one. Trying to decide between the 2012 Honda Civic, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2012 Toyota Corolla or the 2012 Hyundai Sonata.

Will be posting any information I find about the Sonata that can be helpful to others and myself!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys.

New to this forum, looking to learn about the Hyundai Sonata before I finalize my decision to buy one. Trying to decide between the 2012 Honda Civic, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2012 Toyota Corolla or the 2012 Hyundai Sonata.

Will be posting any information I find about the Sonata that can be helpful to others and myself!
Welcome!

FYI: Sonata is not on the same level as those other cars you're comparing. No real comparison really between those. The Sonata is a mid-size sedan, all the other ones are compacts. The compact Hyundai model would be the Elantra. Either way, the Sonata will beat those in every category... except maybe gas mileage.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

FYI: Sonata is not on the same level as those other cars you're comparing. No real comparison really between those. The Sonata is a mid-size sedan, all the other ones are compacts. The compact Hyundai model would be the Elantra. Either way, the Sonata will beat those in every category... except maybe gas mileage.
I guess i'll be better off comparing it to the Accord, Camry, Impala, Malibu, Maxima, etc.

The Sonata does get you good value over some of the others.

So far im just looking for a car that looks great, gets good gas mileage, has great creature comforts & reliable

·
Registered
156 Posts
I guess i'll be better off comparing it to the Accord, Camry, Impala, Malibu, Maxima, etc.

The Sonata does get you good value over some of the others.

So far im just looking for a car that looks great, gets good gas mileage, has great creature comforts & reliable
It depends what you are looking for in a car. While the Sonata has loads of value, Hyundai still needs to work on their suspension. If you can deal with a slightly harsher ride - I can't tell much of a difference - then you'll be fine. Just test drive all the cars before you settle on one.

btw, the cars you should be comparing are the Accord, Altima, Camry, Malibu, Fusion, Mazda 6, Passat, Legacy, Optima, Kizashi, 200, Galant, Avenger. Although those last 3 are generally regarded as the bottom feeders of the group. The Sonata is generally in the top 4.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome

cruze is actually not a bad car at all, packed with loads of features and the ecoboost turbo motor drives nice too

but anyways hope you find what you are looking for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts