Sonata Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm seriously thinking of switching over to 19" gen coupe wheels
i know there was 2 or 3 guys on hyundai-forums that had it done to their cars, but rather than going staggered im thinking of custom ordering a set of rear 8.5 wide pair even for the fronts... (i have 15mm spacers rear) so i can run 8.5 all around...

it looks hella awesome thats for sure

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
anyone find any prices on this, im actually looking to get some new wheels, i feel i dont have enough grip in the front.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try gencoupe.com forums buysell! they have soo many for sale used for cheap!

oh also, i know that koreanautoimports.com sold these for $299/piece but their prices for items are marked pretty high compared to many other places...

·
Vendor
96 Posts
try gencoupe.com forums buysell! they have soo many for sale used for cheap!

oh also, i know that koreanautoimports.com sold these for $299/piece but their prices for items are marked pretty high compared to many other places...
+1 Best place to get them.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
ok i will def check it out, cause i wanna get a nice wheel, and wide, idk if i want two sets still or just use one

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey jpark,
I'm one of the guys from hyundai-forums that has the gen coupe wheels. Although I got mine "gifted" from a buddy with gen coupe, i managed to find some on hubcaphaven.com....the had the 18's and the genesis sedan wheels on there too. I think the 19's were priced at $279.99 each

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^dude! i knew your username was familiar, i dont know if you remember but i went by as downhiller88 on hyundai-forums and i got banned from that dumbass v33sonata

anyways, thanks for the info man

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes I remember. I recognized your car :) I wasn't sure what happened there. I was off the site for a while (got too busy) and when I had logged on a while ago I noticed that you had been banned. Oh well...whatever. site was pretty dead anyway apart from some newbies asking same questions over and over again....it got boring so I looked for something else. BTW on the Genesis Coupe 19's. The 8.5 inch in the front is going to stick out a bit from the fender. I had the stock gen coupe setup with the 225/40/19 on the 8 inch and the 245/40/19 on the 8.5 inch. the 8.5 rubbed in the back so I moved them to the front for a little while until I got new tires. Now I have 225/40/19 all around and moved the 8.5 to the back. much better, cleaner look now. No spacers either. Much more of a stock look. I guess it will depend on what size tire you put on.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that shouldnt be a problem, my rear fenders are rolled AND pulled out slightly to fit my 19x9.5 wheel WITH 15mm spacers, so wont be an issue

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Jpark (Downhiller)! It's good to see you again. It was dead as soon as you got canned from the other site.

Here and there I go to the gen coupe forums to check on prices for used Rims. Now, you gave me the idea for Gen seats (ah ya yi)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it too late to post in this thread? I could really use some help..
I have tried to look through the forums for the answer but I'm not seeing it all.
I have a 2007 Sonata Limited (V6,3.3) and was just gifted 2010 Genesis RSpec Rims (19"x8.5" Fronts & 19"x9" Rears).
My questions are these:
Will they bolt right on?
Will I need spacers for a level or balanced look?
Will I be able to rotate the tires front to back at all?
Tire Recommendations for good all around driving?

I apologize for being a newb about things but as Dale Carnegie stated, "Every man is my better, this is how I learn from them" and as automotive is not my specialty, i thought the worst thing i can do is ask.

Thank You all for your wisdom in advance for any help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts