Sonata Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband just woke me up at 5:30 in the morning after getting up to let the dogs out to ask me why my brake lights would be on.
I started working from home 7 months ago and only drive my 2012 Sonata once or twice a week. “Fernanda” hasn’t been driven in days.
“They wouldn’t,” I replied.
We checked the cameras. At midnight, everything was normal and quiet. The next recording was at 12:45am when our neighbor’s friends were departing. My brake lights were on! No footage of anyone creeping around my car. No one set off the motion detector - camera or light. Car alarm wasn’t triggered and car was still locked.
My husband went downstairs and took care of turning everything off, but what’s the explanation? Do I have a poltergeist in my girl? 👻

·
Registered
13 Posts
It definitely could be ghosts. Contact a wikken, exorcist, sheikh, or whatever your religion ordains, immediately.

While you wait for the doorbell--or, if you are a heathen--you might climb under the drivers side dash with a flashlight and a pokey thing. Typically, a faulty/sticky brake light switch is the cause. With the exception of contorting your body--well, you're husband's body 'cause you are.. a'hem.. a female and this is car stuff after all--these doodads are relatively easy to replace. You (er.. husband, rather) has likely already figured out it's prudent to disconnect the Fernanda's battery in the interim till the onerous deed is done. I recommend you stick with genuine Hyundai replacement parts. Here's a link: http://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/

Weirdly, this phenomenon tends to happen with zero obvious cause and seemingly out of nowhere; to wit: "...[the car] hasn’t been driven in days." Good luck. And remember to tip the exorcist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lothian!
Our 16yo son is a mechanic-in-training. This sounds like a perfect project for him!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It definitely could be ghosts. Contact a wikken, exorcist, sheikh, or whatever your religion ordains, immediately.

While you wait for the doorbell--or, if you are a heathen--you might climb under the drivers side dash with a flashlight and a pokey thing. Typically, a faulty/sticky brake light switch is the cause. With the exception of contorting your body--well, you're husband's body 'cause you are.. a'hem.. a female and this is car stuff after all--these doodads are relatively easy to replace. You (er.. husband, rather) has likely already figured out it's prudent to disconnect the Fernanda's battery in the interim till the onerous deed is done. I recommend you stick with genuine Hyundai replacement parts. Here's a link: http://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/

Weirdly, this phenomenon tends to happen with zero obvious cause and seemingly out of nowhere; to wit: "...[the car] hasn’t been driven in days." Good luck. And remember to tip the exorcist.
Love the post and humor -- thanks for making my day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts