Sonata Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm glad to have the privilege of joining this forum to make friends, learn more about these cars, to give positive advise, and just being a part of a Sonata community. :D

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm glad to have the privilege of joining this forum to make friends, learn more about these cars, to give positive advise, and just being a part of a Sonata community. :D
Hi and welcome to the forums! It's great to have you! Questions? Ask away and we'll do our best to answer them. Advise? We like that too. :D

Reactions: Rocobass

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Are you are you a sonata owner currently or what? if you are, post some pictures of your Sonata!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Are you are you a sonata owner currently or what? if you are, post some pictures of your Sonata!
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I just purchased a pre-owned '11 Sonata GLS last month & am truly overall impressed by this purchase. Here are a few pics. So far I've upgraded to louder, less moped sounding horns & added a few chrome accent pieces. I plan on tinting the windows next week, while on a roadtrip that I'll be on. Other future upgrades will include a single 15" subwoofer with amplified rear speakers and some chrome rims. although not sure what size of rims I will go with, but nothing too big.
3.jpgIMAG0577.jpgIMAG0576.jpgIMAG0638.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Good looking Sonata!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanx, not all cars look good w/ Chrome but '11+ Sonatas do. I added more chrome to accent the car, but may have "over done it" w/ rear bumper reflector trim.lol
I agree that the cars to look good with chrome, but over the years I have grown to not like chrome that much.....I really prefer the matte black or CF look more these days, but of course it all comes down to personal preference.

So, you ever thought about lowering it?:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Coastiehog, I haven't had vehicles w/ chrome on them for a while, so with this one I wanted to keep Hyundai's chrome theme going. I'll probably stop w/ the theme after I buy wheels, once winter passes. Then depending on the stance of the car I may decide to lower it, so yeah I do like the lowered stance look to these Sonatas. My previous car was a white Chevy Monte that was blacked out, audio sytem, black 20's & all so w/ this I want to keep that clean look to it.
Do you have any pics of your car on this forum? just curious :)
zoom monte whites.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Coastiehog, I haven't had vehicles w/ chrome on them for a while, so with this one I wanted to keep Hyundai's chrome theme going. I'll probably stop w/ the theme after I buy wheels, once winter passes. Then depending on the stance of the car I may decide to lower it, so yeah I do like the lowered stance look to these Sonatas. My previous car was a white Chevy Monte that was blacked out, audio sytem, black 20's & all so w/ this I want to keep that clean look to it.
Do you have any pics of your car on this forum? just curious :)
zoom monte whites.jpg
I don't blame ya.....it is your car, so anything else is just opinion from anyone else. If you are going with 20" wheels, and maybe more of an offset, you will be even happier with the springs.

That is a nicely done Monte.....it is a clean build. That is what I really like.

I just put a pic of mine in my garage. It is below too. I just put the springs on a month ago....this pic is like 30 minutes after. So far the springs is all I have been able to do, but I may be going to coilovers in the near future because it is just not where I want it to be. I also removed the pinstripe because I cannot stand them, and I also removed the "sonata" on the trunk. I plan to rebadge the trunk with the M&S badge and get the badgeless black grill and black hood garnish. Planning on wrapping the chrome trim in CF....will be my first attempt at it, so may be a trial and error process. Thinking of doing the roof in black as well, so the CF wrap may be of some use there too, but I don't think I will be doing that one because I definitely don't want to use that big of a piece and mess it up 2 to 3 times!! Oh, window tint too......From there I may have the stock wheels powdercoated or go with a 20" wheel as well.......well, we all have stuff we want to do right?! lol! there are a few otehr things, but it is a SLOOOOOOOW work in progress!!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Coastiehog Nice ride, I really like the stance. You achieved that look w/ just different springs? CF contrast w/ your paint would really set it off & look sharp. Yeah slowly but surely we'll customize our cars to our likings.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
For me personally, I like the chrome on these Sonatas. My white Sonata was loaded with it including the badgeless grill. If I'm going to black out a car, I would go 100%, but with a white car chrome looks good. In the photo below I have Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs in it. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with my new one yet. Lowering springs or coilovers, that is the question!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Coastiehog Nice ride, I really like the stance. You achieved that look w/ just different springs? CF contrast w/ your paint would really set it off & look sharp. Yeah slowly but surely we'll customize our cars to our likings.
Yeah, the D2 racing springs is all I put on there. I agree that the CF would look good with the silver! Going to start experimenting with the wrap myself sometime after Christmas I think......maybe sooner if I can.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
For me personally, I like the chrome on these Sonatas. My white Sonata was loaded with it including the badgeless grill. If I'm going to black out a car, I would go 100%, but with a white car chrome looks good. In the photo below I have Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs in it. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with my new one yet. Lowering springs or coilovers, that is the question!
The chrome does look good on white, and I agree that if you are going to black or out.....do it ALL!

As for the springs or coils......I vote coils for the simple fact you can put it where you want and even do the alignment yourself for the most part. I bet I can get you under 8 for a set ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The chrome does look good on white, and I agree that if you are going to black or out.....do it ALL!

As for the springs or coils......I vote coils for the simple fact you can put it where you want and even do the alignment yourself for the most part. I bet I can get you under 8 for a set ;)

I've always had thing for white cars, specialy w/ chrome... THEY [email protected]@K [email protected]@D, imo. I would also go w/ the springs myself, for the simplicity pov. What website or where did you get them from. I still haven't mailed off my wish-list to Santa & I'd like to place them on that list, lol. Thanx @Torchbearer, That was a gorgeous car u had, what color is the new one? just curious

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
My new Sonata is Harbor Gray Metallic. I really like it!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts