Sonata Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed today H&R sport lowering springs on my 2012 Sonata 2.0 limited turbo. Front is 1.4" lower. Back is 1.3" lower. Car handles much better during cornering and the ride is firm but smooth. Glad I did this mod. Plus it makes the car look alot better IMO.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Installed today H&R sport lowering springs on my 2012 Sonata 2.0 limited turbo. Front is 1.4" lower. Back is 1.3" lower. Car handles much better during cornering and the ride is firm but smooth. Glad I did this mod. Plus it makes the car look alot better IMO.:)
+1 I like it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the new look, you might need to ditch those mud flaps now tho.
Who did you the get them through and were they priced decent?
Also, how was the install on them, simple, special tools, etc.???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Krakker......I bought the springs from Tirerack.com. They cost me $235 shipped. The only special tools you'll need are spring compressors for the front strut springs. I went to Autozone in town and rented them for free. The installation took me around 3 hours. Pretty simple to do if your mechanically inclined. Make sure you use a torque wrench when you reinstall the nuts to the suspension and front strut tower per OEM torque values. Good luck on your install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any tire wear issues?

I have owned a 2013 sonata limited 2.0T for a little over a year now, about ready to turn over 12K miles, and am thinking of lowering it similar to what you've done. have you had any tire wear issues with lowering it just that inch or so? I'm expecting it may be a slight issue but not huge, any input or sharing of what you've experienced would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
nice and subtle, like it!

not feeling all the chrome accents though
x2. never been a fan of chrome. only 1 of my cars in the past did i upgrade to 17" chrome wheels on a 1996 toyota corolla...never again!

the drop definitely looks good though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts