Sonata Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for a new Sonata for several months. It seems that a 2013 Limited with the 2.0T, Ruby red and nav are non-existant. There just don't seem to be any in that configuration. I contacted corporate but they were no help. Has anyone had the same issue and how long did it take to find one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate your help, but I'm looking for a 2013 (LED Tailights) and in Ruby red exterior color. Other than that the one you found is just the configuration I'm looking for. I guess the search continues. The dealers seem to be flooded with GLS models but few limited and its rare to find one with the Nav.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I appreciate your help, but I'm looking for a 2013 (LED Tailights) and in Ruby red exterior color. Other than that the one you found is just the configuration I'm looking for. I guess the search continues. The dealers seem to be flooded with GLS models but few limited and its rare to find one with the Nav.
missed the 2013... guess you might have to order one in your specific configurations.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
missed the 2013... guess you might have to order one in your specific configurations.

Thats the problem with Hyundai. You can't order a car from them. You can only get what they build and are on the dealers lots. This car is for my wife. She is dead set on a Sonata. I would have said forget them, and bought from another manufacturer. She might change her mind as it might become apparent that its not going to happen. She is quite determined though. Time will tell. Anyway, I do appreciate your input.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If her mind is set and its a brand new car. You guys might as well buy something with your own preference. I had a similar issue a while back and opted for another manufacturer. Better to be stuck with something you wanted otherwise its gonna bother the heck out of you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
From what I have read in other forums, the 2013 models do not have LED taillights as was initially reported in the media. Are you certain the 2013s are coming with LED taillights OEM?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I have read in other forums, the 2013 models do not have LED taillights as was initially reported in the media. Are you certain the 2013s are coming with LED taillights OEM?
No I'm not 100%. That is what we read. I guess the media was wrong??? At this point we have just about given up on getting a Sonata. They just don't seem to be making any with the configuration we are looking for. My wife is now thinking a Camry or a Malibu as second choice. She doesn't want to spend almost 30k on a car without getting what she wants. Hyundai just can't seem to deliver.:mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I recieved a call from our local dealer and they found a 2012 in the configuration we were looking for. Wife wanted a 2013 for the LED taillights but they aren't coming with LED's. Nothing different than the 2012 so she decided to go for it. Its been a long search but its almost over. Now I get to go thru the fun of dealing with the sales people to come to a final price. I hate the games, but have been through it before so I know what to expect. Bottom line....the wife is happy.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The saga continues. My dealer now says that the dealer they are getting the car from is not returning thier calls. We made a deal and I put money down but they can't produce a car. They told me that they are going to continue to search for the car I want but this deal looks like its going to fizzle. Very frustrating that this attempt to purchase is now going on four months.:mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's pretty ridiculous! I also had a tough time getting my Ruby Sonata, but it was a somewhat simple GLS model with the 'Popular Equipment Package'. It came with a Rear Spoiler and Mud Flaps, both of which I didn't really want, but wasn't willing to wait any longer. Mine is a 2013 model year, but I am so happy I received mine.

Hope you get yours soon, but it seems that Red is dumb hard to get no matter what model or equipment you want on it.

Keep checking everyday at various dealers, if at all possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealer called me and told me that the exchange dealer sold my car to someone else.:mad: Don't quite understand how a exchange deal is made, VIN# issued and deal, money, financing done, and then sold to someone else??? I got screwed. Well, back to square one. Waited almost four months so far so I guess a few more months won't matter. Hyundai needs to start producing some more loaded limited's w/turbo. They sell fast if you can find them.:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
The dealer called me and told me that the exchange dealer sold my car to someone else.:mad: Don't quite understand how a exchange deal is made, VIN# issued and deal, money, financing done, and then sold to someone else??? I got screwed. Well, back to square one. Waited almost four months so far so I guess a few more months won't matter. Hyundai needs to start producing some more loaded limited's w/turbo. They sell fast if you can find them.:D

That is BS! I'd be so pissed off. I never understood why you can't ORDER cars to your liking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well we finally got the 13' Limited w/turbo and the Nav pck. in white. The wife is thrilled so that makes all good. This is one tough cookie to find. Almost 5 months later we hit paydirt. Thanks to all who offered thier support.;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thats the problem with Hyundai. You can't order a car from them. You can only get what they build and are on the dealers lots. This car is for my wife. She is dead set on a Sonata. I would have said forget them, and bought from another manufacturer. She might change her mind as it might become apparent that its not going to happen. She is quite determined though. Time will tell. Anyway, I do appreciate your input.
I think this is something Hyundai needs to change. It's kind of annoying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts