Sonata Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im new to the site my name is Jason and just bought my 09 sonata 2 months ago. I know there is an HID section but everything seems so scattered.
I would like to know:

1. what kind of bulb our low beams are I called hyundai and they said H1 and i looked up online and im getting H11B.
2. what a good place to get them from thats not ridiculously expensive.
3. Do i just need the kit and thats all or do i need the relay thing that tricks the computer?

Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello all,

Im new to the site my name is Jason and just bought my 09 sonata 2 months ago. I know there is an HID section but everything seems so scattered.
I would like to know:

1. what kind of bulb our low beams are I called hyundai and they said H1 and i looked up online and im getting H11B.
2. what a good place to get them from thats not ridiculously expensive.
3. Do i just need the kit and thats all or do i need the relay thing that tricks the computer?

Thanks for your help everyone.
Welcome to the site!!

The 09 is H11b. You can either get an H11 kit and modify it or there are some H11b kits out there. I personally bought an H11 kit and modified it. Works just fine. I bought mine from ddmtuning.com. I hear Diode dynamics has a good kit. You don't need a relay if you get the 35 watt, but you might need one if you get the 55 watt version.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a pair of D2CW? bulbs? Any way I can modify these to fit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts