Sonata Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! Been surfing here for a while, what I can see at least, and decided to jump in! I have been driving a 2013 2.0t for about 6 months now. I will admit, this car was not my first choice... BUT, I'm glad I wound up with it... Looking forward to getting some help here as I venture down the mod road. Thanks in advance!

Nick

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome Nix! Thanks for joining! I live in So Cal and have to go to Kingman Arizona for Service. I have the High Output V6 (for its time) and my Sonata looks better than when I bought it in 06. Runs better than new too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Nix! Thanks for joining! I live in So Cal and have to go to Kingman Arizona for Service. I have the High Output V6 (for its time) and my Sonata looks better than when I bought it in 06. Runs better than new too!
Dang man... why do you have to go there?!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome aboard Nick! It's good to have you join us. :)

Reactions: Nixhex524

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Nick... I also have a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0 Turbo. What color is yours? Mine is Harbor Gray Metallic. I purchased it 11/12/13 and love it. I have been adding LEDs inside for now. I also put some WeatherTech rain deflectors on it. Planning on going with some HID low beams after Christmas.

What part of California are you in?

Tim

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I think its Nix like the President

Like Nix, Nixon, and me, we are in the Southern Part of California!

Now where did Agnew's head go?
I'm a bit confused. In his first post he signed it "Nick". And Southern California covers quite a few cities such as Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Barbara, etc. You know what city Nick lives in? I used to live in San Diego when I was in the service.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey All! Been surfing here for a while, what I can see at least, and decided to jump in! I have been driving a 2013 2.0t for about 6 months now. I will admit, this car was not my first choice... BUT, I'm glad I wound up with it... Looking forward to getting some help here as I venture down the mod road. Thanks in advance!

Nick
Welcome aboard!

how are you find the 2.0T? What were some of the other choice before you went with sonata?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welcome aboard Nix!

what do you have percolating for your Sonata?
Thanks! Just looking to lower it right now... Then maybe some wheels.. Not going crazy on this one as I blew through 25k on the last project... took a beating on that one..

welcome to the forum, glad to hear you're loving your Sonata!
Just curious, but what was your first choice? why was the sonata second?
My first choice, was actually the Optima. The Sonata wasn't even my second as I was looking at a Jetta GLI but it was so overpriced for what it was. I had an Optima waiting for me as they were "putting it in the back until tomorrow". Well, the next day I went back to get it and it had been sold. I wanted to leave a deposit and they told me it would not be necessary... See how that worked out, but in any case, I wound up in the Sonata after learning it is the same platform, and honestly, it all worked out how it was supposed to. We love this car.

Nick... I also have a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0 Turbo. What color is yours? Mine is Harbor Gray Metallic. I purchased it 11/12/13 and love it. I have been adding LEDs inside for now. I also put some WeatherTech rain deflectors on it. Planning on going with some HID low beams after Christmas.

What part of California are you in?

Tim
Hey Tim, I'm in Lakewood, which borders Long Beach and Cerritos. Mine is black (not sure of the technical color name), which would not have been my first choice either, but I needed a car at the right price and this one was there waiting I guess. I have the windows done in 20% so it looks pretty killer for now, but I would love to get a drop, just reading up before I pull the trigger!

Welcome aboard!

how are you find the 2.0T? What were some of the other choice before you went with sonata?
Thanks! I'm actually loving this car for MANY reasons. What I love most about this car is its smooth and subtle power. It still surprises me how fast this car is, but also how tame it is when I need it to be. It fits my girl and the two kiddos, and gets great gas mileage. Everything in it is super easy to use and navigate, it's just all around so much better than I ever thought it would be. The built in Sub real makes the music sound incredible too... just so much value.

I looked at a lot of different cars, bunch of the midsize sedans. The Passat is just ugly, and the Accord is great, but I can't stand Honda's attitude that just because it's a Honda we should pay whatever they ask.. They wanted me to pay more for an Accord that did't have half what my 2.0T has. The Optima looks great, I loved that car honestly, but I felt they jerked me around, so I am less than happy with KIA. VW, same as Honda, but the salesman was way cooler, just wouldn't budge on price. Glad I didn't end up with the GLI anyway. I looked at the Ford Fusion too. Nice car, but just didn't interest me like KIA or even the Sonata did for that matter. Bottom line, I have had some pretty cool, fast cars and trucks and this Sonata is one of my all time favs.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Nick... How much do you want to lower your ride? Are you thinking springs or coilovers? I lowered my 2012 Sonata using the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. They brought it down a good inch once they settled. Take care man!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hey Tim, I'm in Lakewood, which borders Long Beach and Cerritos. Mine is black (not sure of the technical color name), which would not have been my first choice either, but I needed a car at the right price and this one was there waiting I guess. I have the windows done in 20% so it looks pretty killer for now, but I would love to get a drop, just reading up before I pull the trigger!
Nick, I wish we could go 20% here in the state of North Carolina. I'm allowed 35% maximum unfortunately.

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick... How much do you want to lower your ride? Are you thinking springs or coilovers? I lowered my 2012 Sonata using the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. They brought it down a good inch once they settled. Take care man!
I'm not sure. I am looking at the H&R springs as they go a little more than an inch, I like as little wheel gap as possible. I know Eibach is quality, but I think I want a little more. I would like to go coil overs, but it's just too much money. I am considering putting it off for a while and saving up. I will not be playing with them much though which is why I don't think I really need to worry about them. I had a set of Weitec coil overs in a 98 VR6 Jetta years ago, which I loved. Tim, how are your shocks with just the springs? I'm leasing right now, but am seriously considering buying it out at the end, so not too worried about modding. I will be waiting for some turbo upgrades :). Making this car 300 hp to the wheels would be pretty badass.

For the record, I'm not supposed to have 20% either, but they don't bother me. Living in a sunny climate like CA, a lot of people have it just to try and keep the heat out of the car which is honestly the reason I went darker, it can get pretty hot in the car when it sits in the sun for a bit.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Nick, when you said Turbo upgrades, what kind of upgrades are you talking about? I'm new to the Turbo community. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So am I. I have driven and messed with superchargers but turbos are new. Basically, I just want to go faster.

It seems the aftermarket isn't quite there for these cars, maybe it will be as this car seems to draw lots of attention. We need some tuners that learn the ins and outs of turning these cars up and what can be done safely to make more power to the wheels. I had a 2002 Ford Lightning that was on and off a dyno for quite a bit of tuning. Was just hoping to find the same kind of interest here in this community!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts