Sonata Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I've joined this forum today and wanted to introduce myself. I own a 2008 Sonata GLS 4cyl in deep blue, which I've had for the past three 3 yrs. This is my second Hyundai; I had a 2003 Hyundai Elantra for several months before I wrecked it. Because of that I used to belong to a couple other Hyundai forms in the past, but the names are so similar I couldn't remember which one. So I did a search and found this forum specifically for Sonatas.

I attached a photo from a few years ago right after I bought it with about 41k miles; it now has over 102k miles and is still in fairly good condition. Paint still shines well and it still gets a lot of comments, especially after I've had it washed. Not sure if you can tell from the photo but even at the GLS level it has a power sunroof and satellite radio (though the subscription is inactive).

I've kept a record of all my fill-ups and mileage and I'm averaging about 28.5 mpg overall. It's considerably less these days as winter factors in with colder more dense air, spinning tires, and reformulated gas. However I have also had a recurring problem the last couple years with the Check Engine light staying on giving code P0011, which refers to an oil-actuated solenoid in the VVT system. I've had it checked out and no problem found. I put in new plugs last year and that helped for a while. I just put in "new" ignition coils today (got them from a salvage yard with only ~ 250 miles on them) so we'll see how that does. I figure next I'll get new O2 sensors; I'll post a separate question about that.

Best Regards,
-Raj

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts