Sonata Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings Sonata forum,

I have been daily driving a group of specific model Mercedes (the front page there are some of my cars) for the last 9 years.

With parts becoming "NLA" and an increase in my own over the road business trips, I recently decided to look around. Made a very fair offer on a Fusion, then visited Hyundai.

Bought a limited Hybrid for $26,600 and offered it to my significant other, Becky. Took her a few drives, but she accepted and I went back for another at $1500 less. Both cars are financed at 2.99 or less with a 100k/10 year, zero deductible warranty.

To be honest, the ride from those overbuild mid 90s Mercedes is unrivaled. But those cars lack amenities- not even a cupholder!

So I am selling my Mercedes toys off, keeping the white and black convertibles, and embracing Hyundai.

First challenge: Snow wheels.
I am looking for a set of ANY stock 16" wheels that will fit, plan to run slightly more narrow 205x60x16 as I prefer more rubber to offset the harsher ride on snow tires.
I like to bolt up my snow wheels in December and they come off in March.

While I treated the Benz cars playfully, I do not see myself treating brand new cars that way. The benz forums I've been on as RHW:

W124 E,CE,D,TD Class - Mercedes-Benz Forum
E-Class (W124) - MBWorld.org Forums

Our immediate family has owned several Elantras, and recently bought a 07 Sonata with 14K miles for daughter, so the value proposition is clear to me.

Hyundai may not have the latest tech, but chasing that is an endless game.

I just want a warm butt and some cupholders. :)

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums! It's so good to have you with us and welcome to the world of Hyundai!

·
Registered
99 Posts
welcome aboard and congrats on the two new Sonatas! I prefer narrower snows as well, they cut through the snow much better...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Two Elantras! That is dedication to Hyundai. Did you consider getting a different Hyundai instead of two Elantras, like a Genesis or something?

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Torchbearer, cfrp, Sonny and mr.smith.

That's two Sonata Hybrids.
And sure I considered a Genesis.
and a Tesla.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Tesla would be nice but then again it's also nice to buy something that has better chances at being reliable and worry-free. Any pictures of the Sonata twins?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tesla is like the iPhone.
Owners of said products report the highest satisfaction levels in each category.
When I can afford that kind of technology, I buy it.

I knew if I bought one car, I would soon have to buy another, so I shopped accordingly. We've both been very happy with these Sonatas. They may not be Genesis/Tesla but are very user friendly and pleasant driving machines.

Pics will come, we've had awful weather. They have the 2014 grills, I think, the big opening kinda like the Fusion.

I found a new set of Hybrid 17" wheels for my snow tires, and see Blizzaks available in stock size.
I saw a thread which suggested turbos had brakes that would not fit inside of 16s...
and worried that unless I saw a hybrid owner confirm 16" wheels work...
I would not try 16s.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tesla is like the iPhone.
Owners of said products report the highest satisfaction levels in each category.
When I can afford that kind of technology, I buy it.

I knew if I bought one car, I would soon have to buy another, so I shopped accordingly. We've both been very happy with these Sonatas. They may not be Genesis/Tesla but are very user friendly and pleasant driving machines.

Pics will come, we've had awful weather. They have the 2014 grills, I think, the big opening kinda like the Fusion.

I found a new set of Hybrid 17" wheels for my snow tires, and see Blizzaks available in stock size.
I saw a thread which suggested turbos had brakes that would not fit inside of 16s...
and worried that unless I saw a hybrid owner confirm 16" wheels work...
I would not try 16s.
I wonder about that alot. Consider that the early adopters paid a pretty premium for the right to enjoy those products. The chunck of change they lay down has a psychological effect on them, they NEED to like it or they wasted their moneys.

Just saying, theres always two sides, glad you're a rational thinker :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts