Sonata Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,

My name is Greg :) and hopefully I will be the owner of a Sonata soon. I will be test driving a couple today and am looking at the 2011-2012 models. I'll admit, I overlooked this car from day one. I was focused on the Genesis and never even thought to look at the newer model Sonata thinking it wouldn't be what I wanted. Boy was I wrong.

I love the styling of the 11-12 SE and Turbo. The car looks like a Lexus IMHO. Just shows how far Hyundai has come along. The cabin looks gorgeous, the 18" wheels look very nice and the car is sleek. I currently drive a 99 Honda Accord Coupe with 166,XXX miles on it. It has been a good car but with the need of new tires, struts and the normal wear and tear of a 14 year old car, I am thinking it is time to make a change.

Any advice for me in my Sonata search? Does the 2.4 have enough power or should I hold out for a 2.0 Turbo? I really wanted a car with all leather seats but the cloth/leather mix doesn't look too bad either.

Like I said, I don't own the car yet but I'm hoping to soon.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome to the forums... may I suggest a 2012 model if you can. A lot of little quirks in the 2011 were taken care of in the 2012 model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the love fellas. I ended up getting a 2012 model. The 2011 I was going to test drive was already sold when I got to the dealer. I absolutely love this car! I have attached some pics. The color is Indigo Night.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the love fellas. I ended up getting a 2012 model. The 2011 I was going to test drive was already sold when I got to the dealer. I absolutely love this car! I have attached some pics. The color is Indigo Night.
let us know how everything goes with your new Sonata.
keeping Indigo Night looking good shouldn't be as hard as black paint, have you ever owned a dark blue car before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. No, never owned a dark blue car but the wife's car is a Lapis Blue Mazda 6. My last car, the Honda Accord, was black and was gorgeous when it was clean but turned into a real PITA to keep clean. I have since sworn off black cars. :D

Those pics were after an 8 hour detail last Saturday. Wash, polish with Meguiar's 105 then 205 and then a coat of Collinite 845. All with my Porter Cable 7424XP of course.

Any tips on how to keep it looking it's best?

·
Registered
171 Posts
New Sonata...

Thanks guys. No, never owned a dark blue car but the wife's car is a Lapis Blue Mazda 6. My last car, the Honda Accord, was black and was gorgeous when it was clean but turned into a real PITA to keep clean. I have since sworn off black cars. :D

Those pics were after an 8 hour detail last Saturday. Wash, polish with Meguiar's 105 then 205 and then a coat of Collinite 845. All with my Porter Cable 7424XP of course.

Any tips on how to keep it looking it's best?
Greg, Welcome to the forums. You are well on your way to keeping it looking good with the love you are showing it already. I love the Indigo Blue on the newer Sonatas. This would be my choice when I upgrade.

I think you need to come visit me with your Porter Cable and show my GLS some love.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg, Welcome to the forums. You are well on your way to keeping it looking good with the love you are showing it already. I love the Indigo Blue on the newer Sonatas. This would be my choice when I upgrade.

I think you need to come visit me with your Porter Cable and show my GLS some love.;)
Thanks Jon! Seriously, the PC is an arm saver and makes waxing/polishing so much faster and easier. If I were you I would definitely consider investing in one. :D I've had mine for about 3 years now and wonder how I ever hand waxed before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.