Sonata Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the module replaced that activates the HVAC controls when using the remote start on my 2013 Sonata. Now the horn does not beep nor the lights flash when locking the vehicle with the key fob. Dealer says this is normal and these features are not available with the new module. Has anyone else run in to this issue? Love the car, but this is not what I expect to happen when I have the dealer make repairs. Hyundai USA has been no help either. Very frustrating and makes me concerned that future "Hyundai " repair parts will not be as good as the originals. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks. Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
similar issue on 2011

I had similar problem on my 2011. IT was simply a rubber stopper looking thingy (lady here) Under the hood on the right hand side , half way up on the body panel. It was not positioned right or got crushed down. It was not setting the sensor off. They replaced the stopper thingy and it works correctly now :):D

·
Registered
52 Posts
You would think that the dealer would know how to fix it if it were as easy as replacing a rubber stopper. That is a small but annoying feature to lose. Why would they repair the car with something that makes the car worse?

Sorry for your luck. I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is an option that you can turn of and off. Its under the settings menu, at least in my car. It has to be in park and you use the steering wheel to go through your menu options. It is also addressed in the manual. I have a 2013 Limited Sonata

1 - 4 of 4 Posts