Sonata Forums banner

Hyundai Adds New Features to Blue Link Mobile App

12K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  czechmark 
#1 ·

Hyundai has upgraded the mobile app for its Blue Link system and gave it a completely new interface that uses a carousel design to allow users to access core features quickly.

Like in the previous system, the app can remotely lock or unlock the car doors, start the vehicle or activate the horn and lights. These features can also be activated using a toll-free number.

A new point-of-interest function allows users to preselect and save destinations and then send them to the car's navigation system. The Parking Enforcement tool tells users how much time is left on their parking meters. Another cool feature, called Car Finder, allows you to track down your car if you're within a mile of it.

The free app is available now on iPhone and Android phones, Hyundai says. A BlackBerry version is also in the works.

Hyundai Adds New Features to Blue Link Mobile App - KickingTires

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
This feature is currently available on 2012 Sonatas with push-button start that were built after 9/27/2011. Mine was built on September 9, 2011 and I (along with a lot of frustrated Sonata Owners) have been waiting for it to be available on my car. I love everthing else about my Sonata 2.0T but this issue has been the one bad experience that I have had with Hyundai, not necessarily because it wasn't on the car I bought, but because of the absolute lack of communication on WHY it wasn't available and WHEN it would be. Nobody at Hyundai had any information. The dealer service areas are completely in the dark. I had two different service writers ask me if I wanted an "aftermarket" remote start installed at $400-500! Seriously? When the Blue Link
Service is supposed to include this feature? I think not.

Finally, 8 months after the car was delivered, a Technical Service Bulleting (TSB 12-BE-008) was published on 5/4/2012 about the "Blue Link Remote Start Retrofit". It describes the procedure for replacing 3 electronic modules that will permit the BlueLine remote start to work. The Parts kit lists for $300 but will only be installed for users who have the BlueLink "Essentials" package and requires a reprogramming of both key fobs that came with the car.

Problem solved? Not quite. My dealer still does not acknowledge the existence of this TSB and "has no idea when the necessary part #95400 - 3QA00 will be available."

I'm sure that in a month or two I will get a letter from Hyundai instructing me to call my dealer to arrange the retrofit, but it's been 8 months. I'm tired of waiting. This is a perfect opportunity to make use of the Serenity Prayer. I see no other alternative.

P.S. As I said, I love everything else about the car and the dealer, other than this point, has been great!

#10 ·
Just wanted to update this thread. I just returned from a 7:30 am service appointment arranged by the 800 customer Service rep on 7/7 to install the Blue Link Retrofit. Why am I not surprised that after taking a vacation day, driving 45 minutes and after almost 2 hours of waiting, I was advised that the necessary parts were not in stock. Isn't the first think you do when you schedule a service appointment to make sure that you have the necessary parts to complete the service? Seriously. I felt bad for the Service Writer, obviously a victim of a defective service model and an arrogant manager. I guess it's progress of a sort: at least this time they recognize that there is a part to order. . . .

#7 · (Edited)
I just updated the old bluelink app for the new one and I am very IMPRESSED!!!

To start the old bluelink app was lacking some things, for example i was having issues from day one with the 360 degree view - it just never worked said there was an error downloading file everytime - and the fact that there wasn't any processing information when activating something left me in the dark as to when it was completed -

Anyway the new app is complete redone, the interface is great, big buttons, a processing text scroll that tells you when you have completed a task, they did away with the 360 view thing and the grand daddy for the 2012 models with push start is the remote start! I love this feature and cannot believe how far tech has come (i remember my friends having to pay well over $200 for this as an add on) now i can do it from my phone for free! The hazards are put on when the car is started to tell you its on and of course the doors still remain locked! Very cool stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.