Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 Hyundai broke down in Calif. I was on vacation from another state. I pulled it into a dealer and after I explained that I was there on vacation from out of state. I was told they could not even look at my car until they received permission from warranty dept, said it would take 24 hours this was a Saturday morning. The following Monday afternoon I called the dealership and was informed they got permission to drop the oil pan and would call me back the next day and let me know. it took till Wednesday and I had to go down there and talk to the general manager, after I explained I was on vacation from out of state and needed to get back to work, he said he would find something out for me, so while waiting to hear, the general manager proceeded to ask me if I owed money on the car or was it paid off, As soon as I told him it was paid off, he started with the lets just trade your car in and I will give you a great deal on a new car. After I let them know I was not buying a car, within the hour they told me my warranty was denied. I ask them what was wrong with my car they said, they couldn't tell me, didn't know, but it would cost me 5,455.00 to replace my engine, funny how they can automatically want to replace my engine but they don't know what is wrong with my car, sounds like taking advantage of a over 50 woman from out of state on vacation. Hyundai Service and Warranty not good Horrible service and I felt I was being taken advantage of. it has been 10 days and I still dont have my car. they wouldn't even give me a loaner car to drive Killed my Vacation.....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you contacted Hyundai Customer Service? If you explain the situation to them they should be able to do something about it.

What dealership did you go to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
As you may have seen from another post I am having trouble with warranty work as well, on a Blue Link unlock feature. After a bunch of time spent on the phone and at the dealer I started getting - Customer Service "take it to the dealer", Dealer "call customer service." Now they are telling me that the car did not come with that feature, despite the fact that it worked for six months, all the other features work, and they never said that in earlier contacts. This is my 5th Hyundai, and I doubt there will be a 6th given the way I've been treated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2008 Hyundai broke down in Calif. I was on vacation from another state. I pulled it into a dealer and after I explained that I was there on vacation from out of state. I was told they could not even look at my car until they received permission from warranty dept, said it would take 24 hours this was a Saturday morning. The following Monday afternoon I called the dealership and was informed they got permission to drop the oil pan and would call me back the next day and let me know. it took till Wednesday and I had to go down there and talk to the general manager, after I explained I was on vacation from out of state and needed to get back to work, he said he would find something out for me, so while waiting to hear, the general manager proceeded to ask me if I owed money on the car or was it paid off, As soon as I told him it was paid off, he started with the lets just trade your car in and I will give you a great deal on a new car. After I let them know I was not buying a car, within the hour they told me my warranty was denied. I ask them what was wrong with my car they said, they couldn't tell me, didn't know, but it would cost me 5,455.00 to replace my engine, funny how they can automatically want to replace my engine but they don't know what is wrong with my car, sounds like taking advantage of a over 50 woman from out of state on vacation. Hyundai Service and Warranty not good Horrible service and I felt I was being taken advantage of. it has been 10 days and I still dont have my car. they wouldn't even give me a loaner car to drive Killed my Vacation.....
When did you buy it in 08? How many miles on the Car? Are you the original owner?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would have just called Hyundai directly.

+1 one.............this bad behavior is not limited to a Hyundai dealer. There are other dealers out there selling other makes of cars that will give you this same run around. When that happens, you just have to get tough, and play tough, and not "be nice." Calling Hyundai Corp district manager to report this abuse is what was needed to get something done in your behalf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts