Sonata Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen quite a bit of debadging, but do the "H" logos come off as well? Are they just stick on like the other items or are they pegged trim?

·
Registered
109 Posts
the rear has double stick and it goes through the trunk lid like you need to push it from the bottom because it is like a plastic tab

not sure how the front one comes off the grill though

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've seen quite a bit of debadging, but do the "H" logos come off as well? Are they just stick on like the other items or are they pegged trim?
Are you planning to take the Hyundai emblems off your Sonata? Will you replace them or just remove them? What's your ultimate goal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually still havent even purchased one as of yet, but I like to explore the options and mods ahead of time.

Most all the name badges I would eliminate, pretty much the same as I've done on my other cars, but I usually replace a few with custom stick-on logos. I could design something oval to cover the same space the "H" would leave.

I've seen lots of different oval logos on eBay for the Genesis coupe and the Kia Optima, but I'd probably go with my own design in domed decal format so it has a similar to factory appearance. I generally name my cars, and then work off of that theme.

·
Registered
374 Posts
usually people use a heat gun and floss to remove the badge on most cars but im not sure if the Hyundai "H" emblem has prongs on the back of it that go right through the metal

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
yea what do people do to fill the holes left by the corporate badge?
I know of one guy who purchased a Batman emblem that fit the indented area almost perfectly and it covered the holes. I know another guy who removed the H altogether and had a body shop fill the holes and the indented area and had it all repainted. Not so sure I would go that route myself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know of one guy who purchased a Batman emblem that fit the indented area almost perfectly and it covered the holes. I know another guy who removed the H altogether and had a body shop fill the holes and the indented area and had it all repainted. Not so sure I would go that route myself.
yea the body shop route is a touch over the top, but the look is clean.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think that it would look tacky to put a batman logo on your Sonata. I vote against that. I would want to find a way to fill in the holes that are left after removing the Hyundai logo. I'm sure you could find something easier to do than taking it into a body shop.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I think that it would look tacky to put a batman logo on your Sonata. I vote against that. I would want to find a way to fill in the holes that are left after removing the Hyundai logo. I'm sure you could find something easier to do than taking it into a body shop.
I have seen some pretty tacky looking stuff out there. Various plates including favorite teams, super heroes, etc. I saw one that was homemade and they stuck some kind of objects in the holes to keep the rain from getting in and left it like that. TACKY! It looked awful! I prefer the H myself. My other Sonata had a Debadged grill. The only H I had on the car was on the trunk lid. I like a clean looking car. It also makes it easier to wax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts