Sonata Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in the study's 18 year history, the Hyundai Motor Company ranked first in the automotive industry in Strategic Vision's annual Total Value Awards. Hyundai models won four different categories too - the Sonata, Genesis Coupe, Elantra and Equus.

The Sonata tied for the top spot in the midsize car category with the Ford Fusion, the Genesis Coupe won in the premium coupe category, Elantra received high scores among small cars (tied with the Ford Fiesta Sedan and the Chevrolet Cruze,) and the Equus won the luxury car segment with the highest score of any vehicle in any segment (804.)

The study aims to measure the quality of the buyer's complete ownership experience and adds the customer's assessment of economic consequences from two perspectives: Immediate - or what is influential today, and Expected - what they believe the costs that emerge over time will be.

You can see the full list of winners through this link --> Strategic Vision - Press Releases - Tesla Ranked Incredible, Hyundai & Domestics Lead

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know that Hyundai has been having some quality control issues. i am surprised that that did not factor more into this study. I don't know if the Sonata in particular has had these problems, but Hyundai had to recall tons of cars this year. I think about quality when I think about value. Nothing against Hyundai, more of a comment on the study itself.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I know that Hyundai has been having some quality control issues. i am surprised that that did not factor more into this study. I don't know if the Sonata in particular has had these problems, but Hyundai had to recall tons of cars this year. I think about quality when I think about value. Nothing against Hyundai, more of a comment on the study itself.
That's like Toyota recalling 803,000 2012 and 2013 vehicles which included Camrys, Avalons and Venza models with airbag problems. They all have their problems at times including Ford, Chevrolet and paticularly Chrysler with it's recall of 1.2 million vehicles.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I never take these studies too seriously but personally I've believed this regardless of the study.

Hyundai has gone a long way in terms of total value. They offer some of the best value cars in the market right now

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Sonata, Elantra and Genesis are great vehicles that appeal to a lot of people. I expect that they will only continue to sell more of them year-over-year in the future.

This is also the first time ever that Hyundai is at the top of the ranking. So I think that shows some legitimacy in the ranking. It also speaks to how Hyundai has been improving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts