Sonata Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai N will be the name of Hyundai's new performance brand. It will be used to bring together the company's technology and innovation "with the learning from motorsport to provide a new experience for customers." The name comes from the Namyang R&D Centre that helped Hyundai Motorsport develop the i20 WRC.

The new N sub-brand will be based in Alzenau, on the outskirts of Frankfurt, in Germany. The same location will also act as the base for Hyundai's new Shell World Rally Team, which will make its debut in the 2014 World Racing Championship in January.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hyundai N will be the name of Hyundai's new performance brand. It will be used to bring together the company's technology and innovation "with the learning from motorsport to provide a new experience for customers." The name comes from the Namyang R&D Centre that helped Hyundai Motorsport develop the i20 WRC.

The new N sub-brand will be based in Alzenau, on the outskirts of Frankfurt, in Germany. The same location will also act as the base for Hyundai's new Shell World Rally Team, which will make its debut in the 2014 World Racing Championship in January.
What happened to their Nurburgring facility. Last I heard thats where most of the performance work was going to be concentrated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Glad to hear about this, it was about time that this happened.
Now what we need to hear about are more mainstream performance models.

·
Registered
99 Posts
WRC car showed up today

looks like thats the N badging there on the doors. Funny how the car says Hyundai Motorsport yet their performance division is N. Shouldn't the car say Hyundai Namyang if that's really the name of their skunkworks...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yea, I would agree that it should say either Hyundai N or Hyundai Namyang. The car looks great though. It will be racing next year so we can see how Hyundai stacks up to far more established performance wings of car companies.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Next thing to see is what their performance badge will look like. This is going to be interesting and then that compared to other performance badges from other car makers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts