Sonata Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

My name is Stan, glad to be here. I hope to learn a lot and contribute where I can.

I've owned Hyundais for the last 7 years. Had two Elantra GTs with the last being a 2018 GT Sport. We were two months out from having to turn in our GT Sport when we thought it was time to take a break from hatchbacks (drove a modded 2002 WRX Wagon before the Hyundais) and looked at taking a step up to a proper saloon. For the past 18 months, I've been following the news about the 2021 Sonata N-Line. It's original release date looked like perfect timing to the month where my GT lease would end right when they rolled out the 2021 Sonata N-Line. But COVID saw the end of that. The dealer said that the N-Line probably won't release until 2021 and there was nothing on their radars. 😒

We went to the dealership and asked just to see a 2020 Limited and they rolled out one of their two remaining Limited cars on the lot. My wife who was not a fan of sedans, black cars, and light interiors saw this car and fell head over heels with this Phantom Black beauty with gray (not dark gray) interior... a little more about that later.

Don't get me wrong, but I liked it too. We gave it the once over and 90 minutes later I gave the the keys to my white GT Sport and they game the the keys to my new 2020 Sonata Limited. My only disappointment was that it was not an N-Line.

Had it for five days now and frankly love it. There's some things to get used to but I look forward to sharing my experiences with the rest of you and hope to glean some insights.

1st Day Home 2.jpg

Pardon the "First day home" pic.

Couldn't find this color interior in any online configurator or even the brochure. Anyone? It says "gray" on the window sticker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts