Sonata Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai has announced that it is recalling 240,000 Sonatas that were built between March 1, 2005 and January 21, 2010. The issue has to do with corrosion caused by road salt. Given that the issue is with road salt, only Sonatas that are registered in northern states are affected.

The states that are included in the recall are: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

No injuries or deaths were caused as a result of the issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No this isn't good. Five Years worth of corrosion just for selected States. All Sonatas' should be inspected!

Same thing with the defective OCS Passenger Seat recall. If you didn't complain it wasn't fixed? Chances are the next person who owns our Sonata might have a child or small adult die while riding in their new wheels!!

Also what's the latest on our defective Rear Control Arms? At least after 6 years I know what that "Glug Glug" sound is from the trunk!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think hyundai should give the sonatas a spray of rust proof before they past it along to their customers I know there is more money involved but it would solve the problem.

Road salt sucks, I can't believe they haven't found another way to deal with snow. Somethig that doesn't cause corrosion to our cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that if your car has been registered in one of the affected states (basicall ones that get snow,) or is currently registered in a snowy state you should probably get it checked out. Rust and corrosion is not the look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.