Sonata Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How reliable is the Sonata in general?
Which Hyundai Sonata generation & model year is the most reliable?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2011 GLS had been run off the road by a semi, diced an Opossum at 75mph and been crapped on by a Hawk while doing 60,:mad: I think this new model is pretty dang good.
Motor wise, it's definantly got what it take IMO to last some serious miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My '06 3.3 V6 was never changed and it was traded in with 94k on the odo. Probably could have gone another 50-75k honestly - although the dealership will tell you it's a "mandatory" service at 60k. Great car. Even though I "upgraded" my ol 6-er for a new '12 Limited...I still miss the ol girl. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
bought one saturday. while waiting on sales guy saw one of their mechanics come back from lunch. Asked him his thoughts. He said he was a chevy man and wouldn't personally own a hyundai but you couldn't beat them for lasting and had very little problems with sonata's..

I would trust this mans word over many others. He is the one who sees the bad and has to fix it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
my 07 2.4 had almost 100k miles, owned since 10k miles
ive had 0 problems with the car, no exaggerations here, other than 2 recalls (the brake switch and passenger cushion) that was solved quick and easily at my local dealership

·
Registered
29 Posts
'10 owner here, got it w 5 miles, at 53000 after 26 months and no problems here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts