Sonata Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As I mentioned in the title i'm a happy Chicago area resident actually Bolingbrook IL. near chicago that recently purchased a used 2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS with a 2.4L 4-cyl. Engine with a *4-speed Automatic transmission the car is silver blue in color with 50,770 miles. I bought it *from a guy on Craigslist.
I did check for leaks and found nothing the car is running smoothly everything seems tip top but I did get an experian Auto Check kinda like a carfax and it states the car has had 3 previous owners.
In it's first year and a half of ownership by its first owner 33,700 miles were put on it then no miles wer reported for 2 years. The next time miles were reported it had 46,000 miles then last reported at 50,626 1 month before I bought it.*
The car was reported with a fleet, rental and/or lease use record.
It was in an accident but it doesn't show any frame damage records so most likely just cosmetic damage.

Now that you guys are a little more informened on my situation and you guys were in my shoes what would you make sure to check, change, replace also future maintanance or anything you guys would do when buying a used car to start fresh also I'll be honest I'm hoping for some advice on brands and types of fluids, parts Ect. from more experienced 08 sonata owners.

Also I was wondering if you guys had any recomendations or wise words as to what exact maintenance I should be looking into for my amount of miles and anything that would leave you worried buying from Craigslist that you suggest I look into or take care of? I've never owned a Hyundai before and buying off of Craigslist doesn't really leave me so confident.

Any reply or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks*

·
Registered
470 Posts
06-08 NF sonatas had a recall on brakeswitch, although its nothing serious, go to the dealership service dept, and tell them about the brake switch recall. they will look it up and offer you a fix without a problem

also, airbag light may come on occassionaly due to passenger side seat cushion recall as well, however, if it doesnt than the previous owners probably have solved it already.

i recommend doing a tranny oil flush when you reach 60k
other than that, i've had zero problems with my sonata 2.4 with 100k, these cars are solid

btw, welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks jpark do you think they might fix it for free even though I'm not under warranty since i'm the 4th owner

Just wondering because idk anything about recalls

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
yea shouldn't be a problem, don't think recall has much to do with ownership. i was the 3rd owner of my car and got it done no problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20,000miles, did lots and lots of driving and was worth every single mile ;)

I bet lol, yea I'm looking forward to many miles with this car and I have plans for adding steering wheel audio controls, leather seats a factory spoiler some nice wheels because I have crappy stocks with hub caps but aside from those things that didn't come with the car I'm looking into many other things :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts