Sonata Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They arrived yesterday, but only had time to start installing them this afternoon. I got one vanity LED installed. Below are the before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking good...! I'm debating to change mine however I don't want it to be really bright. Does it bother you when using it at night? :confused:
No, not at all. They are only used when looking at a map which is not very often since I have GPS . And of course the vanity is only used when we are stopped. If you are concerned with hurting your night vision I believe different colors are available such as red and blue

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where did you get them from, and what brightness are they?
I got them from our illustrious sponsor... Diode Dynamics. I got the stage two interior LEDs for my 2013 Sonata. I had them on my other Sonata and loved them.

Reactions: Diode Dynamics

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, not at all and Diode dynamics will help you as well. Youtube also has some videos of the installation. Let me know when you are going to do this and I can walk you through it as well. What year and model Sonata do you have?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the covers pretty much just pop off

and the LEDs are plug and play :)

the hardest part is popping the covers off (which really isn't that hard)
I bought the set of installation tools from Precision LED which are made of a non-conductive material. Perfect for LED installation. However, I purchase my LEDs from Diode Dynamics.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go to Youtube and search for Hyundai Sonata LED installation. There are two videos for installing LEDs, one for the map light up front and the other for the rear dome light. The tool they use is part of the kit you can get from Precision LED. They also have installation videos. The tool kit is 9.99 and I highly recommend it.

Professional Trim Tool Set

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.