Sonata Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning everyone, I just picked up a 2012 Pre-owned SE2.0T with a couple of thousand miles on it and literally drove it last evening for the first time....at night. It is a nice machine and previous test drives of other 2.0T vehicles put a smile on my face. Nice appointments, decent handling and a great price point...I even had the cloth/leather seats replaced with a custom Katzkin leather ensemble....perforated seat inserts with contrasting stitching. Unfortunately, my night drive revealed a potential flaw/defect and left me wondering if this is an abnormality or a design quirk.

I was unable to decrease the intensity of the TACH/SPEEDO gauges lights to my satisfaction (at full dim) and the full dim setting lowered the clock and radio illumination to almost unreadable levels...I believe that this is where it should be at full dim. Moreover, the climate control buttons did not change in intensity (bright blue) nor, did the airflow arrows around the reclining body button.
Also, the gear selector indicator, by the stick shift, was annoyingly too bright as well.

I am curious if anyone has noticed this issue. I have owned many different cars in my lifetime and have never seen a problem like this. I hope that this is not a standard feature of Sonatas. Off to the dealership for a Q and A with maintenance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a sonata too, and noticed this exact same issue. Lemme know what you find out, I'm off to do more searching over the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I added black window tint film to the reclining shape display, as well as on the gear shift indicator and the central panel in the dash that tells you that your lights are on.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I added black window tint film to the reclining shape display, as well as on the gear shift indicator and the central panel in the dash that tells you that your lights are on.
thats actually really smart, it would look good too. any chance of us seeing pic's of it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts