Sonata Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm still shopping at this point, I was wondering if something I experienced had improved or been given a fix.

Last summer, I rented a Kia Optima in Houston for a few days. I was very impressed with the car overall and its a big reason I'm Sonata shopping now, but at that time I still had my iPhone 4.

While the Bluetooth and hands-free voice control for calls worked flawlessly, I couldn't get the unit to recognize my music files. It kept displaying "file error" everytime I'd try to play music from the phone.

I later read a hybrid cable with both aux & usb connectors was required to get the car to use music from the phone.

With iPhone 5 now using its now "lightening cable" is this hybrid connection still required or has this glitch been since worked out?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I listen to my MP3 music files using my iPhone 5 via Bluetooth with no problems in my 2012 Sonata SE.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
It's really weird that your having issues with your iPhone... I have the iPhone 5S and I'm not having problems with it at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an iphone 5c and cannot listen to my music nor will my phone charge when I plug it in the USB. Any suggestions? I use the same cord on my computer and to plug my phone in to charge and it works just fine. I can use my Bluetooth to make and receive calls without any problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts