Sonata Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jalopnik readers have chosen the Hyundai Sonata as the most improved vehicle over time. Looking at this side-by-side comparing an old model to a new model I can see it. How do you guys think the Sonata could improve even more?

"The entire list could be made of Korean cars, but the Sonata wins. What used to be a badge-engineered terror of European and Japanese bits became known as something even the Europeans and Japanese should check out."
Full list:

1. Hyundai Sonata
2. Chevy SOnic
3. Kia Sportage
4. Jeep Wrangler
5. Ford Focus (US)
6. Porsche 911
7. Chevrolet Corvette
8. Ford F-150
9.Honda Civic
10. Nissan GT-R

The Ten Cars That Improved The Most Over Time

·
Registered
52 Posts
Its crazy how much all cars have changed over time, the Sonata is a perfect case study. I think that the Sonata has moved up market quite a bit. Hyundai now has many cars that are cheaper than the Sonata. I also am glad that cars got rid of the black plastic stripe as a design feature. That is fugly.

·
Vendor
385 Posts
The Porsche 911 has been a nice car for a very long time.

Not sure how it applies.
The newest 911 Turbo goes 0-60 in around 2.8 seconds? That's a pretty dramatic improvement in performance from the previous generations lol. I do agree that it has been incredible for a long time.

I was happy to see this result, I remember sitting in the interior of a newer Sonata and being amazed by the gauge cluster and technology.

They've come such a long way IMO

Nick C.

·
Registered
99 Posts
well now what the koreans really need to do is develop their own concrete design language. you cant come to play in the luxury arena looking like a copy cat....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts