Sonata Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to this board. Was on the Elantra side of Hyundai, but had a major problem with the Bluetooth Navi system in the 2013 Elantra Limited that couldn't be solved. We have iPhones and they just wouldn't stay connected in spite of exchanging Navi systems and getting another new iPhone4S. So the dealership will be giving out money back from the purchase and we ordered a new Sonata Limited. Its in the mail. LOL. Should be here in a week or so. Much nicer car. Maybe a bit less on gas mileage but other than I think this is a better ride. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all. New to this board. Was on the Elantra side of Hyundai, but had a major problem with the Bluetooth Navi system in the 2013 Elantra Limited that couldn't be solved. We have iPhones and they just wouldn't stay connected in spite of exchanging Navi systems and getting another new iPhone4S. So the dealership will be giving out money back from the purchase and we ordered a new Sonata Limited. Its in the mail. LOL. Should be here in a week or so. Much nicer car. Maybe a bit less on gas mileage but other than I think this is a better ride. :D
How did you order a Sonata? When I tried to do that, I was told that Hyundai doesn't take factory orders. They build cars and the dealers pick from a pool and have no control over options or trim levels.:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you order a Sonata? When I tried to do that, I was told that Hyundai doesn't take factory orders. They build cars and the dealers pick from a pool and have no control over options or trim levels.:confused:
I think the dealer said he was allotted one white Limited Sonata that is still at the factory. He had a Hybrid on the lot which we considered but after reading some reviews we decided it wasn't for us. There was one more on the lot but it didn't have the Navi with a back up camera, which was one thing my wife wanted. Going to like the panoramic roof too. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the dealer said he was allotted one white Limited Sonata that is still at the factory. He had a Hybrid on the lot which we considered but after reading some reviews we decided it wasn't for us. There was one more on the lot but it didn't have the Navi with a back up camera, which was one thing my wife wanted. Going to like the panoramic roof too. :D
Thats cool. We just bought a 2013 white limited w/ turbo and nav package. Its sweet. We looked for this for almost five months. My only complaint is the lack of power passenger seat. Seems at this trim level It should be included. The turbo is awsome. I highly recommend it.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats cool. We just bought a 2013 white limited w/ turbo and nav package. Its sweet. We looked for this for almost five months. My only complaint is the lack of power passenger seat. Seems at this trim level It should be included. The turbo is awsome. I highly recommend it.:D
We did take the Turbo out for the test drive. I loved it, but my wife said she would rather squeeze a few extra miles out of a tank of gas that be able to have more power than she would ever use. Don't you hate it when women are so sensible? I'm the opposite. All my rides have lots of power that I don't need, but still use. LOL. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
We did take the Turbo out for the test drive. I loved it, but my wife said she would rather squeeze a few extra miles out of a tank of gas that be able to have more power than she would ever use. Don't you hate it when women are so sensible? I'm the opposite. All my rides have lots of power that I don't need, but still use. LOL. :D

Thats funny.:D The Sonata we bought is for my wife. She was the one that demanded the turbo. We had several opportunities to get a limited w/nav but she wanted turbo so we waited a long time before one was available. The guy that drove the Sonata we bought from the dealer that had it to the dealer we bought it from said that he got 41 mpg on his 88 mile trip. To me anything over 35 is a bonus. Either way I hope you enjoy your new car as my wife is enjoying hers. Her only frustration now is learning the functions of the nav, radio, sat, and all the bells on her new toy.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats funny.:D The Sonata we bought is for my wife. She was the one that demanded the turbo. We had several opportunities to get a limited w/nav but she wanted turbo so we waited a long time before one was available. The guy that drove the Sonata we bought from the dealer that had it to the dealer we bought it from said that he got 41 mpg on his 88 mile trip. To me anything over 35 is a bonus. Either way I hope you enjoy your new car as my wife is enjoying hers. Her only frustration now is learning the functions of the nav, radio, sat, and all the bells on her new toy.:)
I sure hope the Bluetooth works for you. Thats thats only reason we are trading the Elantra for the Sonata is because the Bluetooth never works with her iPhone or my iPhone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let's hope bluetooth works in your Sonata.

Congrats.
Well it does work but not all the time. Must be a Hyundai flaw. I have used an iPhone in my Accord for years and has never missed a beat. But the car is great so can live with it. Got no choice now. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well it does work but not all the time. Must be a Hyundai flaw. I have used an iPhone in my Accord for years and has never missed a beat. But the car is great so can live with it. Got no choice now. LOL.
So true, there's a ton of good stuff with these cars, good enough that something like a faulty bluetooth won't bother me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts