Sonata Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Just swapped my dying toyota celica for a 2000 Hyundai Sonata Executive. V6 MANUAL.

I am in the process of obtaining a roadworthy for the car as I have 28 days to provide one.

I don't really have many plans for the car itself and was hoping people could point me in the right direction.
My celica was lowered, exhaust, air filter etc.. so I've modded cars before, however I don't think I'll lower this because it runs so smooth!

It is too quiet though, and was wondering if anyone with a 2000 model could show me a video of what they sound like with an exhaust? I don't want anything too loud just deep!!
And maybe a drop in air filter from k*n ?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums! Congrats on your purchase. How many miles on your 2000?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah No family I am only a 19 year old, The reason I changed from a coupe to a sedan was first because My celica coupe was on it way out, and I got offered this and it was too good of a deal to pass up, Plus I'm 6ft6 so a coupe isn't really ideal haha!

The car has 226,000kms or 140000 miles, but with full service history every 5,000km or 3,000miles, driven by an elderly guy so it's in excellent condition, motor runs terrific.

The only thing I have done so far is changed the oil, did that the second I got home so now I'll be changing that every 3 months.

I definitely want HID's these yellow headlights are so dull!
Does anyone have a video of one with an exhaust?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations on the new purchase!

Let me know if you need help with HIDs. I'm sure we can find something for you

Nick C.
Thanks ! I found a set of H7's hi/lo for 65 bucks at my local auto store, 8,000k!

I want levant fog light inserts too now! haha

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nah No family I am only a 19 year old, The reason I changed from a coupe to a sedan was first because My celica coupe was on it way out, and I got offered this and it was too good of a deal to pass up, Plus I'm 6ft6 so a coupe isn't really ideal haha!

The car has 226,000kms or 140000 miles, but with full service history every 5,000km or 3,000miles, driven by an elderly guy so it's in excellent condition, motor runs terrific.

The only thing I have done so far is changed the oil, did that the second I got home so now I'll be changing that every 3 months.

I definitely want HID's these yellow headlights are so dull!
Does anyone have a video of one with an exhaust?
Good call on going with the Sonata then. How much did you get it for?
Would you ever consider getting a projector retrofit?

HID's in projectors do a far better job!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it for $600AUD with no registration or roadworthy,
It needed a new exhaust, (just got a brand new stock one) because it had leaks,
It needed a new sump plug ( was leaking)
And a bigger battery as it wasn't secure!
So all in all the car owes me about 1200, which is good considering they go for about 3k here!
And yes I will be definitely considering projectors but I seem to have trouble finding information on what I can do! So if you guys could point me in the right direction that would be a massive help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts