Sonata Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these from Shark Racing, love them go perfectly with my 6000K HID from Xenon Supply. They blink with the indicators which looks great, get a lot of people doing a double take.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
where did you get the kit? I have the same model and color. did you have someone do it for you? I would love to do this. Please tell me everything I need to do. and how much do you have in it all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the kit from Shark Racing, great company it arrived in less than 2 weeks. It doesn't come with instructions but i will attach instructions below. Here is the link for the kit, only $200.00, which is nothing really for what you get as the end result.

Shark Racing

It's literally plug and play, it comes with a harness that you plug into your existing headlights, the hard part is actually mounting them. It comes with double sided tape which is extremely sticky...you basically get one shot lol so have a friend help you line it up, but its not too hard because it fits perfectly in the groove of the fog light housing.

Here are the instructions that i followed, if you read it and go look at your car it's pretty simple to understand. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Got mine in the mail and went home right away to put them on. Took me about an hour and was fairly easy once I figured out how to do it. I could probably do it in about 30 min now. This is only for a GLS with no foglights so your experience may differ if you have fogs....

In the box:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

I had my car up on ramps to fit under it, made it way easier... starting on the Driver's side:

Step 1: Unplug the wiring harness on the Driver's side and plug it into the SR harness. Plug the SR harness into the headlight housing. I had to cut away some of the plastic cover over the wires so it would bend down easier. I left the black ziptie on the DRL wires because it would reach without undoing all the wire...

Step 2: With a small phillips screwdriver, remove the two small plastic screw/fasteners that hold the front splash shield to the bottom of the bumper:

Step 3: Pull the splash shield out from under the lip of the bumper and pull it back, you don't need to remove it.

Step 4: Remove the phillips screw from the bottom corner of the plastic foglight filler piece. I didn't remove all the screws, I only took the corner one out and pushed in on the cover to slide the wires in. You do not have to remove the whole foglight plastic cover.

Step 5: Remove the backing on the adhesive tape on the outer parts of the DRL. Peel back the corner of the long piece on top of the DRL and fold it toward the front.

Step 6: (Clean the whole contact area thoroughly on the bumper, using rubbing alcohol and let dry first). Then fit the light in the area and press the corners in. Slowly pull out the "tab" you folded and pull out the red backing of the tape while mounted on the car. Press firmly on the lights for a few seconds to bond the tape. If you remove the whole long piece of the backing before you put it on the car, if you stick it on crooked, you won't be able to take it off.

Step 7: Connect the red and black wires and make sure they click and lock.

Step 8: Put the screw back in the foglight cover and put the nylon fasteners back into the splash shield.

Now stand back and admire the driver's side:

Now it's time to work on the passenger's side:

The passenger's side is a little different, due to the windshield washer resevoir in the way. I had to cut the ziptie and use the whole length of DRL wires.

Step 1: Unplug the wiring harness from the headlight assembly. Plug it into the SR harness. Then plug the SR harness into the headlight housing. You may have to cut a little of the wire wrap on the factory harness, because the wires are pulled pretty tight if you don't.

Step 2: Repeat the procedures for the driver's side, remove two fasteners, pull back the splash shield, and remove the corner screw from the foglight cover.

Step 3: Mount the DRL just like the driver's side and run the wires up. (See pic above). Connect the red and black wires.

Step 4: I used black high heat electrical tape to tie the wires up so there is no slack. The wires are on the same side as the belts, so you want to make sure you don't have any wires hanging underneath.

Step 5: Replace screw in foglight cover and splash shield fasteners.

Now stand back and admire your work!! I only have daytime pics right now, and they look great. Mine do blink with the turn signals and stay on with the headlights and high beams. The only thing I thought was weird is that the DRLs on the headlights still come on with the parking lights on. I didn't think they would. All other times in Auto or Off they stay off.

Here are some daylight pics, night pics to come when it gets dark:

02-26-2011, 07:39 PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts