Sonata Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about LED lighting everywhere, however I'm not good with all that stuff, not sure if LED bulbs will fit directly into tail lights, fog lights, and anywhere else anyone thinks it would look good, just a thought, input please

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm also thinking about LEDs for my headlights/fogs/tails, would like to replace all my interior lighting as well with the LEDs. I'm new to the forum and Sonata so I don't know much so I've been trying to read all I can to understand what my options are before I start buying things. From what I gathered so far I think HIDs are possible for low beam headlights and fogs, though expensive I think a popular company for this is xenon supply!? As for all the interior LED lighting I've been eyeing Diode Dynamics website for all this but I don't know if that's a good choice or not. Hopefully others will respond and get this thread going.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm also thinking about LEDs for my headlights/fogs/tails, would like to replace all my interior lighting as well with the LEDs. I'm new to the forum and Sonata so I don't know much so I've been trying to read all I can to understand what my options are before I start buying things. From what I gathered so far I think HIDs are possible for low beam headlights and fogs, though expensive I think a popular company for this is xenon supply!? As for all the interior LED lighting I've been eyeing Diode Dynamics website for all this but I don't know if that's a good choice or not. Hopefully others will respond and get this thread going.
I have HID Fogs and I recommend Diode Dynamics. Good people out of St Louis. Here's a pic of the license plate LED's

Here's a pic of the HID Fogs...

·
Registered
222 Posts
God, 26 views and no replies, god NYCmaximas.org and maxima.org I already miss you!
sonatas aren't as popular as maximas :p should have thought about that when you bought the sonata.

There is no trick to it.

You just have to shop for a LED bulb with the same socket and look at the dimensions of the LED bulb and see if it'll fit inside the housing. takes some measuring and trial and error.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cipa HID Headlight Bulb - JCWhitney

Do I need HID conversion kit for these?
You will not need a conversion kit for these bulbs. Although they say 'HID' in the title, they just imitate the white-bluish look of HID's. HID bulbs require a ballast to ignite the xenon gas that is inside, hence the 'High intensity Discharge'. Xenon supply is a reputable company for HID kits. Remember they take a little bit of time to warm up when you turn them on so generally not necessary for high beams unless you plan on doing a lot of back road driving. Rapidly turning the bulbs on and off like when flashing other drivers can actually shorten the life span.
As for LED's, I got my map, dome, glovebox, trunk and license bulbs in a kit while in Korea but got my parking, vanity and reverse bulbs from DiodeDynamics.
If you plan on having LED's in your turn signals, you will need resistors wired in because they draw so little power and will cause the car to hyper-blink.
Here are some random pictures of my NF. any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370499460.802114.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370499471.618737.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370499482.052349.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts