Sonata Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I've modified the lights and thought I'd share with you.

2011 Sonata Limited
Harbor Grey

Running Bridgestone Touranza with Serenity on 16" Virus Mags
.....very smooth very quiet

Changes:
  • HID
  • DRL
  • Door Handles
  • LED Strips
Have a look ««HERE»»

Note: If you have Firefox better not follow the link - you will crash Firefox

Grumpy

·
Registered
470 Posts
little overkill in my opinion, and dont think it looks too good when you deck out the whole car in those led's.. reminds me of fast and furious 2001

but thats just me
i like those aftermarket fog led built in drl's though :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
although i see where jpark is coming from i think the trunk fog and door leds look awesome, never seen anyone do that with the trunk either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Best mods are pretty nexpensive

the best mds for Sonatas are lowering and new wheels/tires, less understeer.
Thats achieved by lowering springs, such as H&R for roughly $200, aftermarket wheels, 17" with wider, less profile, tires. Disconnect the front antiswar bar to end up with less understeer. Those mods reduced lap time on a racetrack (VIR) by more than 10 secs. with a lot more relaxed driving.Understandably mpg hasn't changed at 28-29 mpg.Wheels are40 mm offset compared to stock 48 so not only are they better looking, but also make camber a little more asggresive.
My tires are Continental DWS size 245/45x17 which preserves the original tire diameter so there's no change inodometer and speedometer readings at same speed. For the record, thats 25.97 vs 25.68 inches, a change of 1% which is not observeable. Only one side of the antiswar needs to be disconnected by removing that connecting link. Leave the other side connected; it doesn't interfere with anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice mods Grumpy. Do you now if fog lights can be added below the LED lights on my 2015 Sonata? Or are the LED lights in the way? Thanks for the info if you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts