Sonata Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there.

I've got a 2013 GLS and i'm looking for a car mount for my Nokia 822.
Any suggestions? I would pefer not to mount it tot he windshield.

Thx

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do you want the mount to have any functions, or do you just want it to hold your phone?

I have seen adjustable phone mounts that clip onto the vent which can be used for just about any phone. These can be found at your local auto parts store or even a walmart.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The windshield mounts you can get at just about any auto parts store and even walmart work well. I would just one of those, especially the adjustable universal mounts, they work great

·
Registered
42 Posts
The phone mount that fits in the CD player seems like a good option if you don't want to mount to the windshield. Of course, then you can't use your CD player, but many people are using other means to play music now anyways.

Cars should offer a phone mount as an option for the vehicle. It would ensure that the mount is integrated into the interior design and would stop the need to mount ugly crap to your windshield.

·
Registered
222 Posts
ProClip is a good brand.

You'd have to find a mount thats compatible with your phone and one that mounts somewhere that you are ok with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, there.

I've got a 2013 GLS and i'm looking for a car mount for my Nokia 822.
Any suggestions? I would pefer not to mount it tot he windshield.

Thx
ProClip - I've used them on my last 5 cars (Cadillac SLS, STS, SRX, Veracruz, and Sonata) and they are GREAT!!! You need 2 pieces: A custom mount for your vehicle and a custom holder for your phone. I HIGHLY recommend!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's a pic of a CD mount in a '14 Sonata...it works great! And, the CD player still works fine. Of course, you have to remove the mount to insert/remove CD's, but it is super simple and quick. It comes with two metal plates (it's a magnetic mount)...one to slip in your phone case and one to stick to the back of a GPS. image.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts