Sonata Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a 2013 limited with just about all the bells and whistles and the only thing I don't like about it is the passenger seat being to low and it's not available with power. I ran across a Sonata Seat Kit SR2A which will raise the seat approximately 1.5" making the height comfortable for my passengers. At least I hope so. I don't enjoy sitting in it. www.srautoshop.com. Anyone have any experience with that item or resolved their low seat issues another way? Someone must have the same problem. When I purchased the vehicle, I never sat in the passengers seat. I would have looked at other cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally can not say that I have had any issues with the passenger seat myself. Both wife and I are pretty tall. Ill have to ask the girlfriend if she feels it's to low for her. She's 5'3". The girls usually sit in the back anyway when I drive.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Purchased the kit and installed it. It raised the seat to where you feel your at the proper height. Worth the $50.00
I tend to think a "proper height" would depend on the person. No problems with the seat height myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Never considered raising the passenger seat. Didn't even really think of that as a possibility. I am tall and never sit in the passenger seat, and I don't have passengers often enough for their complaints to really sway me towards buying this package. I don't see why being low to the ground is a bad thing either. Maybe you can't see out the window as well, but that is a small problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2013 limited with just about all the bells and whistles and the only thing I don't like about it is the passenger seat being to low and it's not available with power. I ran across a Sonata Seat Kit SR2A which will raise the seat approximately 1.5" making the height comfortable for my passengers. At least I hope so. I don't enjoy sitting in it. www.srautoshop.com. Anyone have any experience with that item or resolved their low seat issues another way? Someone must have the same problem. When I purchased the vehicle, I never sat in the passengers seat. I would have looked at other cars.
The car is basically a sports car...I put the drivers seat down as low as it will go myself. My friend who took a ride in it with me, and he rode shot gun, did comment on how low it sits too...personal preference I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Never considered raising the passenger seat. Didn't even really think of that as a possibility. I am tall and never sit in the passenger seat, and I don't have passengers often enough for their complaints to really sway me towards buying this package. I don't see why being low to the ground is a bad thing either. Maybe you can't see out the window as well, but that is a small problem.
first world problems.

personally I like sitting closer to the ground. Its more comfortable for my legs that way. At least for me.

·
Registered
374 Posts
first world problems.

personally I like sitting closer to the ground. Its more comfortable for my legs that way. At least for me.
x2 Sitting low enough is key, it helps to create the whole sporty sedan feel. Sitting high would make you feel like you're driving a minivan. Sitting low enough is key, just not low to a point people can't see whose driving LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my wife hates the passenger seat in my 2011 Sonata. She says it is way too low and puts two stool cushions on it to get the height. She is 5'4". She got so upset about it she went and bought a 2013 Toyota Camry Hybred.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed them myself

I bought mine through srautoshop.com and installed them myself...did take a good hour or so. The only thing to be careful of is not to strip the new bolts that come with it. My wife loves the increase in the height...worth every penny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
K5 Passenger Seat Riser Kit for Sonata -Installation issue

I bought the kit and tried to follow the instructions. The problem is - when you put the spacers in to elevate the track, the slight forward orientation of the screw hole in the car frame (ion the front only)is accentuated by the height and causes the spacing between the front and the back anchor holes in the track to need another 1/16 to 1/8 inch. (****!) so all four bolts won't line up to go in the holes in the car frame from the new height. So here's how to solve it:
1. Take the back screws out first
2. Put the (single hole) spacer in under the back and roughly align them for putting the screws in.
3. Take the front screws out.
4. Put front (2 hole) spacers in.
5. Pull the track far enough forward to enable putting the front screws in with the slight front tilt that they require. Don't tighten them. Get them well threaded in the hole but loose.
6. Now, when you look at the back screw holes, you'll see they are too far forward to have the bolts align with threaded holes in the frame.
7. MY SOLUTION TO PUSHING THE SEAT TRACK BUT THE EXTRA 1/8" NEEDED:
You can't do it manually. I had to take the car jack from my landcrusier, cut a piece of 2x4 14" long and create the ability on the passenger seat floor to push the seat track back the needed space using the jack. It worked and I was able to insert the back screws now properly aligned to thread into the frame holes. What a pain in the @ss! But it did work and the seat is higher and now it does fell right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own a 2013 limited with just about all the bells and whistles and the only thing I don't like about it is the passenger seat being to low and it's not available with power. I ran across a Sonata Seat Kit SR2A which will raise the seat approximately 1.5" making the height comfortable for my passengers. At least I hope so. I don't enjoy sitting in it. SRAUTOSHOP.COM. Anyone have any experience with that item or resolved their low seat issues another way? Someone must have the same problem. When I purchased the vehicle, I never sat in the passengers seat. I would have looked at other cars.
The good news is that the 2015 has height adjustable seats on all trims, power seats or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a very unhappy passenger. I want a different seat completely. We travel as a couple in the car and had no idea that this very uncomfortable, low, only basicly movable seat would be the nemisis of our new car. I am sending a concern to the manufacturer, looking for a seat like the drivers seat which is like heaven, back support, movement (26 movement compared to 4 for passenger). I will try to find one to have it installed on the passenger side and change the controls to the right side.
The other person is right, his wife bought a different car. We drove a rental nissan midsize, and the passenger seat was a dream. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.