Sonata Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people have a 6 speed manual YF? Just curious. Mine is the only one I've ever seen, but I know of 2 others. But a other than the 3, I've never even heard of em. People don't believe me when I tell them that I have a manual 2012 Sonata. ****, even the salesman denied it existed until I randomly found the one I now own sitting in the lot. (it was the only one there)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too haven't seen or heard of a manual transmission YF Sonata, even my buddy that works at a Hyundai dealership never knew Hyundai made them till recent when they got one in for service.

I wonder if Hyundai releases stats on how many vehicles of a specific model get sold each year like what Lexus does. It would help us find out how many of these 6 speed YF sonata are out their.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hyundai offered the manual transmission in the GLS for the 2011 and 2012 model years. It was discontinued starting with the 2013 model year due to lack of demand. If Hyundai had allowed people to have the GLS preferred equipment package in conjunction with a manual equipped car, they may have had more takers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hyundai offered the manual transmission in the GLS for the 2011 and 2012 model years. It was discontinued starting with the 2013 model year due to lack of demand. If Hyundai had allowed people to have the GLS preferred equipment package in conjunction with a manual equipped car, they may have had more takers.
Didn't know that, something to definitely keep in mind if/when looking for a manual transmission Sonata.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.