Sonata Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some info of the Monarch Puddle lights that i have purchased from www.eliteautostyle.com

It is a bit pricey, 100$ except these are made in Japan.. and quality is extremly good, definatly worth the penny compared to those ebay brand led's.

So basically it goes under neath the car (no its not fast and furious neons)

They are usually wired to the dome light and functions only when your doors open.. or when you unlock via keyfob. And goes off simply when the door is shut, or when you lock the car via keyfob..

quick video to show how it functions..

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
do you have pics of where you mounted them, and how you ran the wiring, cause i have been using the dead switches that i turned into lighted switches for like my radar, and some other accessories.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i didnt do the install so its hard to give you detailed info.. got a tuning shop to do the install... but i was making them hella uncomfortable and watched some process of the installation lol

they mounted the lights (drilled holes) to my side skirts (it came with mounting brackets) connected all the x10 lights into 1 wire, and ran the 1 main wire straight to the dome light in the middle inside...(sottered on) so basically it is the same function as the dome light.. they also installed a seperate switch by the hood latch area, to compltely shut them off in case i have to

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
do you not do the work on your own car, are you one of those guys?
Im one of the guys that does all the work to my car, i will from time to time, have to rent out a garage space, if i need a lift or something, but its all me in my car

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol its called hook ups bro...
and often times i am way to busy and might as well take advantage of hook up prices... unless you are broke....

but what matters to you anyways?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im saying why does it matter whether if i do my own work or get it done by someone else.....? i did all the cosmetic works my self.. including my headlights, grill, badges, hids, trunk spoiler, roof spoiler....

but when it comes to coilover installations, wheel alignment, puddle light installation soldering and wiring, fender rolling + fender pulling, tire stretching, it reaches my limits... and i am almost 99% positive anyone encountering through these installs would get some professional help

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL

U guys are definitely off topic!

But just to add in on the discussion, these can be wired anywhere u want.

It's just a matter of having the know how. I'd suggest making these active neons with a switch or your main headlights. Just what I would do!

Cool find to bad they won't look good on my e39 BMW lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts