Sonata Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this 2013 Sonata SE Turbo Harbor Gray 11/12/13. We had 35% Tint done today.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very nice...

I purchased this 2013 Sonata SE Turbo Harbor Gray 11/12/13. We had 35% Tint done today.
Good looking TB! Now, when you get your new wheels you must sell me yours… :D Do you have a bucket list for it?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am working on one right now. In the immediate future I want to do HID lows, LEDs inside and out, I have some WeatherTech window rain deflectors coming soon and some black Gorilla spine lugs coming Tuesday. Not so sure about the Cold Air Intake yet... Maybe a Concept III.

Tim

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mscellaneous...

I am working on one right now. In the immediate future I want to do HID lows, LEDs inside and out, I have some WeatherTech window rain deflectors coming soon and some black Gorilla spine lugs coming Tuesday. Not so sure about the Cold Air Intake yet... Maybe a Concept III.

Tim
Were you able to save or salvage the sway bars or strut bar from your previous Sonata? If not, are you going to install UltraRacing on the new Sonata?

I am still waiting for my sway bars to arrive from My. I purchased SE bars that are under my couch that I have not installed. I'm getting impatient... :(

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were you able to save or salvage the sway bars or strut bar from your previous Sonata? If not, are you going to install UltraRacing on the new Sonata?

I am still waiting for my sway bars to arrive from My. I purchased SE bars that are under my couch that I have not installed. I'm getting impatient... :(
Unfortunately not... the front anti-sway bar was bent badly and my strut bar was also bent. The only thing that survived was my rear anti-sway bar did survive but I wasn't allowed to salvage it per my insurance company. I am going to stick with Ultra Racing since I am very happy with their product.

·
Registered
171 Posts
UR Question...

Unfortunately not... the front anti-sway bar was bent badly and my strut bar was also bent. The only thing that survived was my rear anti-sway bar did survive but I wasn't allowed to salvage it per my insurance company. I am going to stick with Ultra Racing since I am very happy with their product.
TB, Question, who did you buy your Ultra Racing Bars from/through? I have been waiting for 7 weeks now and have not seen them. They have been in touch but... getting long in the tooth!:( I have the Strut Bar. Waiting for the rear Sway Bar.

Reactions: SonataAdmin

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased them off of eBay, but I don't remember the seller.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rich... I am happy with it! Still thinking about going with a badgeless grill. Not sure if I want to go with a black or chrome one. I don't want to black out the car, just add some accents.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks Rich... I am happy with it! Still thinking about going with a badgeless grill. Not sure if I want to go with a black or chrome one. I don't want to black out the car, just add some accents.

I had to black out my grill completely. I personally don't like chrome at all.

Hoping to finish the rest of my plastidipping next week on my side trim and my door handles.

I'm going for a silver/flat black exterior theme and keeping the interior lit with blue led's and nothing too crazy

I might plasti dip my stock 18s gunmetal and either leave them flat or add glossifier or pearlize....but thats down the road a little

·
Registered
34 Posts

Tim
Hey Tim! Congrats on the new Nata! Hopefully you and the wife are doing better as well with the aches from the unfortunate accident in the other one!

I don't see lowering springs listed though.......you going to get any? I know where you can get a good deal on very gently used Eibachs! Letme know and I will get you a price!

Nice ride!

JKH

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Tim! Congrats on the new Nata! Hopefully you and the wife are doing better as well with the aches from the unfortunate accident in the other one!

I don't see lowering springs listed though.......you going to get any? I know where you can get a good deal on very gently used Eibachs! Letme know and I will get you a price!

Nice ride!

JKH

Thanks so much guy! I am really enjoying it especially the turbo part. Ha! However, I have to take it to the dealer. There is a knock when I start it cold. So much so I don't see it as normal. There is the typical valve chatter, but this is a knock. It quiets down once it warms up, but I want it looked at and documented that I have complained about it. I took it back to the dealer a week ago to have the windows tinted and I had them check all the fluids and for any leaks. I don't want to take a chance.

I'm not sure what I want to do about lowering springs yet. I may just go with coil overs. Who knows?! We are getting much better and have returned back to work... Thanks buddy!

You going to enter your car in the contest? Go for it man? You take car and i'll talk to you later. Thank you for your service in the U.S Coast Guard, you puddle pirate you! ROFL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks so much guy! I am really enjoying it especially the turbo part. Ha! However, I have to take it to the dealer. There is a knock when I start it cold. So much so I don't see it as normal. There is the typical valve chatter, but this is a knock. It quiets down once it warms up, but I want it looked at and documented that I have complained about it. I took it back to the dealer a week ago to have the windows tinted and I had them check all the fluids and for any leaks. I don't want to take a chance.

I'm not sure what I want to do about lowering springs yet. I may just go with coil overs. Who knows?! We are getting much better and have returned back to work... Thanks buddy!

You going to enter your car in the contest? Go for it man? You take car and i'll talk to you later. Thank you for your service in the U.S Coast Guard, you puddle pirate you! ROFL
Lol......you're too funny!

It is great to hear you two.are doing well! Very glad to hear it. Been thinking about you two and just had to find time to check! My CWO had a motorcycle accident so I am filling in as branch chief.....will be good for my CWO app!

Good thing about warranties.....you get thing covered. It is just a hassle.....especially when it is new!

I am looking into coilovers and hoping to.get them soon! Please let me know if you do because I have a great POC at D2 and he has given good deals to people I send his way! I can also text you pics of a Sonata that they were just put on! If interested let me know buddy! I will hook you up. And you will get them within a day I bet since they ship from Chapel Hill!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol......you're too funny!

It is great to hear you two.are doing well! Very glad to hear it. Been thinking about you two and just had to find time to check! My CWO had a motorcycle accident so I am filling in as branch chief.....will be good for my CWO app!

Good thing about warranties.....you get thing covered. It is just a hassle.....especially when it is new!

I am looking into coilovers and hoping to.get them soon! Please let me know if you do because I have a great POC at D2 and he has given good deals to people I send his way! I can also text you pics of a Sonata that they were just put on! If interested let me know buddy! I will hook you up. And you will get them within a day I bet since they ship from Chapel Hill!

Thanks man! You take care my friend and don't turn two too much! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
UltraRacing set-up...

Originally Posted by Torchbearer
Unfortunately not... the front anti-sway bar was bent badly and my strut bar was also bent. The only thing that survived was my rear anti-sway bar did survive but I wasn't allowed to salvage it per my insurance company. I am going to stick with Ultra Racing since I am very happy with their product

TB, Question, who did you buy your Ultra Racing Bars from/through? I have been waiting for 7 weeks now and have not seen them. They have been in touch but... getting long in the tooth!:( I have the Strut Bar. Waiting for the rear Sway Bar.
Torchbearer, Greetings and sorry for such the long response time. First, I hope you and yours are or have recovered fully from you unfortunately accident!

All my bars finally arrived from UR. It took awhile but I couldn't be happier! I have only installed the Strut Bar & Rear Sway Bar at this time and all I can say is, "WOW!" It is a totally new vehicle! The oversteer added with the 20mm RSB and the stability of the FSB is amazing. That "built-in understeer" of the FWD is gone and dare I say the new oversteer is, lovable! Even without the FSwayBar & just the strut bar the car is much flatter in the turns and definitely more predictable. If I did nothing else I would be happy... but... we know that won't happen!

The List: UR Front Sway Bar, Eibach Pro Kit Springs w/1" drop/Gabriel Ultra Struts & Shocks/all new mounting hardware, bump stops, etc./large bag of grins in the wait! :D:D:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.