Sonata Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new 2012 Sonata Turbo owner. I want to download music into the "My Music" system, which says it can hold up to 6000 songs. I looked in the owners manual...nothing. I called Hyundai and after 3 customer reps and 25 minutes no one knew how to download music. I plug in my iphone (using the USB) and I get nothing. (except the system plays music from my phone).I also tried downloading music from a USB flash drive with no success. Can anyone tell me how to download music in the the "My Music" feature?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great question, I just took the 2012 Sonata SE with Nav...and I'd love to know if there is a way to store music.

I test drove a kia Optima and there stereo system does have a hard drive and seemed quite simple to "download" music there..

·
Registered
12 Posts
just found this in the owners manual...try placing music on a flasd drive..plug into usb...scroll to usb device..play music...as it plays hit voice activation and say "copy"....gonna try it myself...it did not work when i tried same steps off a cd

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is an AUX cable?

I plugged in a free thumb drive with some songs on it and it played immediately in my 2014 Sonata hybrid USB port. Unbelievable. Awesome. I luv it. Next question: what is the AUX outlet? What does the cable look like? What kind of device uses AUX? I sort of want to use my USB port to charge my phone, so maybe I can use the AUX instead for the music, or vice versa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I plugged in a free thumb drive with some songs on it and it played immediately in my 2014 Sonata hybrid USB port. Unbelievable. Awesome. I luv it. Next question: what is the AUX outlet? What does the cable look like? What kind of device uses AUX? I sort of want to use my USB port to charge my phone, so maybe I can use the AUX instead for the music, or vice versa.
AUX is basically just the male to male stereo audio cable. Both ends look like a headphone jack. This allows for audio playback from pretty much any device but shouldn't really provide any controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.